In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any bird hunters?

randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
Looking to try to make some short trips to the Dakotas, Kansas, and Texas next year. Anybody interested in getting together for a hunt let me know.

Comments

• Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Water fowl or the other birds???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mostly upland, but I love duck and goose hunting too. I live in Arkansas, so I do most of my duck hunting here.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I used to hunt I loved Dove hunting.

When I was a kid I always stayed out of school on the first day of hunting season when it fell on a school day. I would hunt squirrels early in the morning and then hit the fields at Noon for the opening of Dove season. Those were good times.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quail is fun here in northeast...
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember coming home after great Dove hunts with complete upper arm and chest areas black and blue from all the rounds and fast shooting[:0]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of my dream hunts is to go Pheasant hunting in Kansas or somewhere in the mid west. Let me talk to Donna and I might be interested. I had mention this to her about two weeks ago. Now you got me chomping at the bit again. [;)][^]Oakie
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really miss pheasant hunting. For years we would talk and plan and make opening day of season in Western Kansas. Maybe all that walking through fire weeds is the reason my legs gave out. If I got out in that brush now someone would have to come rescue me.[:0]

Good luck with your hunts.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Duck, Goose, and Dove!...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Quail is fun here in northeast...

....?????