In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Blackstone Griddle

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I got a 36 inch Blackstone griddle today for 199.00 and after I assembled it cleaned it and seasoned it again (they claim it comes seasoned but who knows), I griddled up a mess of sausage and eggs for supper.

I figure to cook out in the carport quite a bit and try and keep some of the heat out of the house.
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    BoskettiBosketti Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did you get one for $199?
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You scored! I need one to go next to my big green egg.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I hate to acknowledge that I spent money with the enemy but I got it at Field and Stream, they are on sale until 5/6/18 100 dollars off regular price and I couldn't find it anywhere else that cheap.

Dicks owns them.
  • Options
    BoskettiBosketti Member Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those look nice.
    RLTW

• Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Ace Hardware Store down thisaway....
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless your carport is free standing, I suggest that you use your grill > 10' from any part of your house.

Neal

EDIT: I have 12 years in the fire marshal's office. Typically, something breaks between the regulator & the appliance. Not worth taking a chance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well unless it blows up, which would do me great harm anyway screw the house, I don't see how a flat top grill is going to do any damage to the house while being used under the carport.

I've never had a flare up on a BBQ grill that would have reached high enough long enough to catch the house on fire and I imagine it would be harder with a flat top? But advise taken. I'll keep a extinguisher near by.

quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Unless your carport is free standing, I suggest that you use your grill > 10' from any part of your house.

Neal
  • Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    I got a 36 inch Blackstone griddle today for 199.00 and after I assembled it cleaned it and seasoned it again (they claim it comes seasoned but who knows), I griddled up a mess of sausage and eggs for supper.

I figure to cook out in the carport quite a bit and try and keep some of the heat out of the house.

We didn't get an invite for sausage an eggs[:o)]