In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Securing a door

2»

Comments

• givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    All the doors where I live open inward (snow drifts may block the swing).

This begs the question: OP indicates it's an inside door (hallway, if memory serves)..bad guys (or cops-never thought of that!) would already be inside, out of sight from the street and can do their work at leisure. Too many variables.

Best scenario: Dog for warning. Door strong enough to afford you time to get to your gun (or flush the drugs down the toilet).

If the house is vacant, all bets are off. Best, Joe
  • papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, I must hold the city record for holding off the Coppers. I guess you arent planning for this, but neither was I. Apartments are funny. [:)] I think I used a strip of metal and heavily screwed it under the trim to support the locking bolt. The Super gave me a nice brass thing that goes on before the new Schlage deadbolt, and that wrapped around the door. The thing held up for like a half hour. I think the hinge side finally gave out. It turned out to probably make em all feel rotten, later, for my treatment. Not sure thou. [:)]