In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Our Military Rifle Drill Teams,,Question?

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,025 ******
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
The rifles that our drill teams perform with,are they service grade rifles or a lighter weight reproduction?

Comments

• Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as I know, they are the real deal, and full weight. Blows my mind how something as relatively heavy as an M1 Garand can be tossed around so fast and accurately. Years of training, no doubt.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,025 ******
    edited November -1
    You follow why I ask. Yes,they are just amazing to watch. I call up videos on you tube often.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35 Whelen
    As far as I know, they are the real deal, and full weight. Blows my mind how something as relatively heavy as an M1 Garand can be tossed around so fast and accurately. Years of training, no doubt.

Real deal. My high school jrotc team used the real deal demilitarized 1903s and M-1 rifles.

They actually are better than the lightweight fake ones as the weight gives it some inertia in a spin.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    You follow why I ask. Yes,they are just amazing to watch. I call up videos on you tube often.

Joe, they have to be good, missing a catch on a 9.5lb spinning Garand, would thin out the bad ones real quick.[:)]
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was in that game(almost 50 years ago), the 1903's were the real thing. The practice rifles were beat and busted while the parade and competition rifles were chrome and shiny. All had chamber plugs and no magazine springs or followers but otherwise real serial numbered firearms.