In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CONGRATULATIOS...Hunter Magnum....

Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
You have bought yourself a really sweet revolver.[:)]

Thank you.

And, thanks to everyone that bid on my very first auction.

More to come.

Doug

Comments

• Options
    carrie2carrie2 Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you beleive the hype about PayPal? BTW good buy!!
    Kentucky born and raised!
  • Options
    idahoduckeridahoducker Member Posts: 740 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by carrie2
    Do you beleive the hype about PayPal? BTW good buy!!

What hype are you refering to?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The constant bashing,anti gun,closing of accounts,etc!! Have used since 2003,no problems!!!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    The constant bashing,anti gun,closing of accounts,etc!! Have used since 2003,no problems!!!
    don't let them know you're buying guns or gun related items.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MR_Perfect
    don't let them know you're buying guns or gun related items.

+1
  • Options
    woodguruwoodguru Member Posts: 2,850
    edited November -1

You are just lucky, it is getting worse and worse, no hype going on there at all. As a seller I was getting ripped in ways Paypal was supposed to protect a seller against, and as a buyer I was getting ripped. We're talking thousand dollar plus transactions where the money is no joke. I quit using fleabay it became so bad.

Large sellers for years started more and more refusing to use paypal, after so many burns you'd say to heck with the extra sales you might me getting. Once they started forcing the use of paypal with every transaction whether you liked it or not I couldn't take the burns buying and selling anymore. I had over a thousand feedbacks and had my best selling month of $165k in sales, sold five pairs of $12k speakers that month. My biggest buying month was $60k.

Wait until you have a dispute regardless of who's fault it is and your account is frozen and bank accounts tapped if there isn't enough in the paypal account, it's not a matter of if, it's when.
  • Options
    idahoduckeridahoducker Member Posts: 740 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's the policy page if you haven't seen it. Prohibited Activities #2,(h).

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_full&locale.x=en_US

At the bottom of the page they encourage you to be a good comrade and report all violations to the Compliance Department.