In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How does this weapon work

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
I never seen such a crazy gun
I don't know how to photo shop it to make it work

http://www.strangedangers.com/content/item/142196.html

Comments

• calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    I would imagine that cocking the hammer drops the magazine box down a level so the firing pin hits a new round each time.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    it ratchets in the frame,upward/downward. Really cool. Great find Wallie.[^][^][^]
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now come on Wallie! You know very well how it works. Cock it and it raises to the next barrel![:D]
  • walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    That what I thought, boy, what a crazy invention
    I was play around with it and started with that downward drop idea.
  • walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by calrugerfan
    I would imagine that cocking the hammer drops the magazine box down a level so the firing pin hits a new round each time.

That doesn't make sense.
    It should be all the way down when it's loaded and carried.
    It should work it's way up and out for reloading after the last round.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Thats badass Wallie!!
    U got it firin' 5-seven ammo!![8D][8D]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigcitybill
    quote:Originally posted by calrugerfan

That doesn't make sense.
    It should be all the way down when it's loaded and carried.
    It should work it's way up and out for reloading after the last round.

EUREKA!!! I think we have a wiener!!!!
    Try and shop it the other way Wallie.So it jacks the bbls on each hammer pull..
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The basic lock mechanism was that of a normal double-action revolver, where the hammer acted on a firing pin in the frame. The front end of the frame though, consisted of a pair of parallel side-plates, between which fitted a set of four vertically stacked barrels. The four barrels were formed onto a solid vertical breech block and were aligned to chambers in the block that would hold four cartridges. These chambers were first loaded and then the barrel/block assembly was pressed down like a clip between the plates, where it was held in place by a small spring-loaded stud. The top round was fired first. Then pressure on the trigger raised the block of barrels so that the second cartridge was in line with the firing pin, ready for the next shot. After each shot, the trigger would raise the barrel/block so that the next cartridge would line up with the firing pin.

The three lower barrels had small holes drilled on their upper sides to connect each to the barrel immediately above; so, when the second and subsequent barrels were fired, enough gas passed upwards to blow out the empty case in the barrel above. The comb of the hammer was shaped in such a way as to deflect these ejected cases away from the direction of the firer's face. The final spent cartridge had to be manually removed.
  • catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I have never seen one like that. It looks like it would be a good gun.
  • Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    Do you have the original box?
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wallie- find yourself a copy of Winant's Firearms Curiosa. More weird and strange guns between 2 covers than you will ever see. They also made a version that the bar went left to right.
  • jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll bet that is a tear gas gun though not for real rounds.