.

May have to sell a Mule

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
To fund my latest heartthrob.
A 475 Linebaugh built by John & Dustin Linebaugh
Was over in the Bighorn basin of Wyoming the other day to pick up a horse and commented about the owners last name (Linebaugh) and wondered if he was related to the John Linebaugh.
Low and behold this fellow is Johns nephew and he proceeds to show me the pistol that his cousin Dustin (Johns son) had built for him.
A 4-5/8 hexagon barrel with Bighorn sheep horn grips, nothing too fancy but functional and unique. I was offered to run a cylinder, but unfortunately didn't have the time, but will in May when I head back over.
Looking at ballistics, looks like damn good bear medicine. I have had a Freedom Arms Mod 83 454 Casull since back in the last century and have been very happy with its performance, so I had never even looked at any of the other big bores, seems times have changed and I like it.

Any of you have experience this chambering?
Going to post this on Experts also.
Mule

Comments

  • forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To hell with the pistol[:o)],,,,,,,,,,,how many 'hands' is the mule,,,,,,,Molly/John
    .????
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will buy a mule (or two) in a couple of years when I get moved to the ranch....

    Merc
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,672 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a nice pistol, but I don't know if it would be worth a mule.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    To hell with the pistol[:o)],,,,,,,,,,,how many 'hands' is the mule,,,,,,,Molly/John
    .????




    Haven't decided which one will go on the auction block but,
    One Black Molly 8YO, 16.2 Hands, named Tina ( for Tina Turners long black legs [:p]) will ride, pack, drag, babysit and be a general pest around camp
    12YO Sorrel John, 16 hands named Preacher, will ride, pack and pull the hubs of hell if you can get a rope on it.
    10 YO White Molly with sparse red saddle, hence the name Ginger, 15 Hands, business mule doesn't give one poop for affection, but under saddle will never leave you in the mountains. Rides, packs, and works good with all experience levels. Has a mules sense of humor.

    I can deliver all three and then you can help me put a new ambi safety on my boys SR1911. [:D]

    Mule
  • forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 20,238 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dpmule
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    To hell with the pistol[:o)],,,,,,,,,,,how many 'hands' is the mule,,,,,,,Molly/John
    .????




    Haven't decided which one will go on the auction block but,
    One Black Molly 8YO, 16.2 Hands, named Tina ( for Tina Turners long black legs [:p]) will ride, pack, drag, babysit and be a general pest around camp
    12YO Sorrel John, 16 hands named Preacher, will ride, pack and pull the hubs of hell if you can get a rope on it.
    10 YO White Molly with sparse red saddle, hence the name Ginger, 15 Hands, business mule doesn't give one poop for affection, but under saddle will never leave you in the mountains. Rides, packs, and works good with all experience levels. Has a mules sense of humor.


    Looking at one here for Lit'l Secretary,,,,,,,,,,,you can shoot off of her, rope and drag to the fire and will bite a cow on the butt in the alleyway if it doesn't move fast enough, but needs to be 14-2 or less,,,,,,,,[8)]
  • dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    quote:Originally posted by dpmule
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    To hell with the pistol[:o)],,,,,,,,,,,how many 'hands' is the mule,,,,,,,Molly/John
    .????




    Haven't decided which one will go on the auction block but,
    One Black Molly 8YO, 16.2 Hands, named Tina ( for Tina Turners long black legs [:p]) will ride, pack, drag, babysit and be a general pest around camp
    12YO Sorrel John, 16 hands named Preacher, will ride, pack and pull the hubs of hell if you can get a rope on it.
    10 YO White Molly with sparse red saddle, hence the name Ginger, 15 Hands, business mule doesn't give one poop for affection, but under saddle will never leave you in the mountains. Rides, packs, and works good with all experience levels. Has a mules sense of humor.


    Looking at one here for Lit'l Secretary,,,,,,,,,,,you can shoot off of her, rope and drag to the fire and will bite a cow on the butt in the alleyway if it doesn't move fast enough, but needs to be 14-2 or less,,,,,,,,[8)]


    Ginger is whip broke, never shot off of, but stands good to the whip, her extent of dragging has been skidding elk in the snow.
    Send me a photo if you get her bought. Love to see a Donk dragging to a fire amongst a bunch of horses.
    Hey, JFYI, spoke with Brad Cameron the other day and he has hung up his Mule clinic travels after 21 years, says he just going to raise cows and his boys.
    I am trying to talk his eldest boy to start a 2yo Roan John for me, the boy don't weigh much over 100lbs and is a good hand, normally I don't start them until 3YO and sometimes 4 if they are small frame. I let them grow to support my XL carcass.
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115
    edited November -1
    DPMule; holler if you decide to sell the black molly.
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kicks like a mule I bet
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
Sign In or Register to comment.