In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just checking in.

EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Been busy as hell lately, so I figured it was about time to stop by and say howdy. Managed to round up a couple new (to me, anyway) guns in the process. Two I've wanted for years, and it was about damn time they followed me home.[:D][:p] Heads up, the pictures were shot in something around .0025i.[:I]

Remington Model 8 (.35, I wonder why...[;)]), circa 1927.

model%208_zpslckqfjir.jpg

1903 Springfield, circa 1918, with a March of 1930 4-groove barrel. Hard to pass up for $150. Just over the 800k serial number cutoff.

1903_zpsdugbnopr.jpg
Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    It is just a bit after midnight. just got settled in after a fall that cost a couple broken ribs, made Rita sick this time she could hear them snap. I can feel them grind when I breathe. Rita is very sore herself yet doing her best to help, I am a mess.

At 10:30AM the nurse will be here to change the dressing on my leg. At that time we will see if I have a good chance to keep it or not, been one heck of a mess, wish me luck. I have had this leg for a long time and it has kinda grown on me. It has been a good leg, yeah let me down a few times but that is okay. I have taken it places that I should not have.

My folks are trying to help but just cant, due to health. Those in the family that could do not care. The kids are just super busy, Erica working and school, Micheal working nights.

Dr tells me when I get old this will get worse. [:0]

Both of my brothers have had heart attacks recently, older bro also had several strokes. He is now trying to get a lift-chair. He is finding out about some of the things ha has told me over the years, he has a serious problem and not sure why he is not rolling in money like me.

If you have an extra prayer our family could use one.
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have been and will continue to be on my prayer list Dave and your family.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when MIL was in the assisted living we bought her a lift chair...she needed one and 3 hours later she had one..when she died we left it there for anyone who needed it...local place gave GOOD care to the folks there
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,381 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gjshaw
    You have been and will continue to be on my prayer list Dave and your family.
    Yes, absolutely. Thanks for checking in Dave
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you still have a great attitude and strong will. Great to hear from you.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,027 ******
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent to you.
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of luck; Hang in there.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep on keeping on!

Prayers sent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Leg is looking good, almost 90% has a thin layer of new skin. The infection may be smaller, but has not increased. If this keeps up the leg will turn out fine.

I am really paying for the fall. Like normal many places are sore that I have no idea why. I can say that my shoulder must have hit hard, cause oh lawdy do it hurt,

Rehab people will be here today.I get to make a PB &J all by myself, to see how well the left hand is working. Scary thing is how bad the neck hurts. All I keep thinking is how close I came to jacking it up, again.
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent Dave.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers said!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,379 ******
    edited November -1
    My prayers for you Dave just sent and will continue!

Your up-beat attitude is a miracle in itself![:)]
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers from here
    Ros
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.