In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone else drink a ?????

IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Does anyone else (include your wieght) drink at least a six pack a night? I am starting to get a bit concerned>

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only on days ending with a number. Don
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    nope. a six pack could last me a couple days or a few months. never really been much of a drinker though.
  • Options
    wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    six pack last about a week
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by IAMAHUSKER
    Does anyone else (include your wieght) drink at least a six pack a night? I am starting to get a bit concerned>
    for nearly 25 years I drank at least 6 to 18 beers a day...some days topped that off with a pint of brandy....few years back gave it all up...havent looked back.
  • Options
    The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I honestly have never even drank a 6 pack if you add all of them all together. I have enough problems being sober.
  • Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    175, 6 pack easy. We're not talking about booze right? That's my self medicated allowance just to be able to put my brain down long enough for my body to get some rest. Since we're on this: funny story, I had a friend who went to one of those trial medication places for some extra cash. He answered the questionare honestly and was denied entry to research program because of his 2 night a beer habit, told him he was an alcoholic. Oh well, live and learn. Why do you ask?
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steveaustin
    his 2 night a beer habit,

It takes him 2 nights to down a beer, and they consider that an alkie?!?!?
  • Options
    oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Usually 4 to 6 beers per evening, between 5 and 7 pm. When I was 19 my boss told me never have a drink before noon, and you'll never be an alcoholic. So I make 5:00 my rule. Never a drink after supper. But apparently some people think this indicates an alcohol problem. So I'll quote a line from the movie "Roadhouse" - "Opinions vary."
  • Options
    oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, 180 pounds.
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    My question is--where do you find room to pack in a six pack? I weigh in around 210 and stand a little over six foot so I should have room for storage, no luck one fills the tank
  • Options
    1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a guy that drinks 30-50 cans(12 oz) of Miller High Life each night, every night. And usually some whiskey, vodka or 'shine as well. He also smokes 2 cartons of Camel wides per week.

He is 6'2, 250 lbs., 60 years old and he has been doing it for 20 or more years.

I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,593 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gave up drinking completely almost 20 years ago.
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    beer just doesn't do it for me [xx(]
  • Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    quote:Originally posted by steveaustin
    his 2 night a beer habit,

It takes him 2 nights to down a beer, and they consider that an alkie?!?!?

oops.
  • Options
    SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    I dont drink Daily. I meet at the same bar, with the same friends, every friday. I usually have about 12-15 rolling rocks, and about 8-12 Jaeger bombs.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    Sounds like some of you guys have serious alcohol problems. Here is the guide:

What is a safe level of drinking?

For most adults, moderate alcohol use--up to two drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women and older people--causes few if any problems. (One drink equals one 12-ounce bottle of beer or wine cooler, one 5-ounce glass of wine, or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof distilled spirits.)

Heavy drinking can actually increase the risk of heart failure, stroke, and high blood pressure, as well as cause many other medical problems, such as liver cirrhosis.

http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/FAQs/General-English/
  • Options
    GashaulerGashauler Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was in college and Keystone Light was $4 a 12 pack. Now that I get hangovers and have responsibilities and don't like cheap beer I can't afford a 6 pack every two months.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been sober since Aug. 7th. Next drinking "binge" will be around November 18th.

When back home, I would drink 2 to 3 beers each night.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like the song says- "I gave up smokin, wimmen, & drinkin, & it was the longest 15 minutes if my life"
    [^]barto[^]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Never have a beer before 5..

20041.jpg
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Generally no. IF I am drinking I'll have 6-8 in a night but I only drink maybe one night a week. Usually tuesdays as it is dollar drafts and $.25 wing nite at the local watering hole.
  • Options
    bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911 Gunslinger
    I know a guy that drinks 30-50 cans(12 oz) of Miller High Life each night, every night. And usually some whiskey, vodka or 'shine as well. He also smokes 2 cartons of Camel wides per week.

He is 6'2, 250 lbs., 60 years old and he has been doing it for 20 or more years.

That's 7000 calories, that guy must have an amazing metabolism, not to mention the fact that you'd have to have one hell of a stretchable stomach to get 5 gallons beer in there.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    I'm 6'4 250 pounds.

If i drink beer i can easily put away a case so its something i dont do often. I might have a mixed drink every other day and probley have one to many once a week. Use to only drink about 3 times a year but now i have alot of time off.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SuburbanNoize
    I dont drink Daily. I meet at the same bar, with the same friends, every friday. I usually have about 12-15 rolling rocks, and about 8-12 Jaeger bombs.

Damn!

Haven't you heard?

"Life is too short to drink cheap beer."
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the past 7 years I've been drinking 10-12 beers or half a liter of whiskey a night. I had a good *-kicking by nearly all the members here which really helped me to sort out my priorities. I'm down to a 40 or less a night and never before 8pm. I have to say, things around home are greatly improved. If drinking is something you're proud of, you probably have a problem.

the 200lb munkey
  • Options
    bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A six-pack will last me about 6 months. 20 years ago, one wouldn't last but about an hour, but not every day.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    I could drink 10-15 per night, but good beer is expensive and I don't need to do it. I'll go on "binges" - a beer or 3 between work and dinner, then nothing for a few weeks, then drink again for a week or so, then off again. If not beer, then occasionally wild turkey and coke or beam and coke, but only 1 of 'em. 6' 250lbs.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I weigh 220, 6ft 1in, mabye 3-4 beers a night, 3-4 nights a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Last few days had none. Just didn't feel like it.

Yes, it can creep up on you.

Booze can cloud your thought process. Almost found out the hard way.
  • Options
    MartyEGVboyMartyEGVboy Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911 Gunslinger

Enjoy the show. Smart money says he'll be dead in 5 years if he keeps on to the end (assuming the heart attack or stroke doesn't kill him). If he does stop he's still shortened his life at least 10 years. Too soon old, too late smart.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not wishing this on him. But it is what it is.

Perhaps to him living longer without those habits isn't really "life."

-Marty

=-=-=
  • Options
    9 on the floor9 on the floor Member Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    6'3" 215 lbs
    Yes, I drink too much.
    That is the only acceptable answer in the nanny state that we have become.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    1-2 drinks a night, some times 3-4 but i try to keep it right there during the week. Weekend I might get indulgent like say 1/2 a 750ml bottle of spirts. My weight is maybe only 135 or 145 I don't step on a scale very often.
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    4-6 a night, 4-6 times a week. 6' tall 250lbs of
  • Options
    BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    5'8" 165 lbs

Do I drink six beers a night? Um, no. Can I? Sure, but "6 beers" to some folks is "Six Bud Lights", and to others its "six stouts". If I have five wobbly-pops during dinner at my local place I'm good to go...I could have ten, as I walk to the place in 3 minutes from my door but...being at work at 6 or 7 am after 6-10 beers ain't fun any more