In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

anyone got a surefire 6p LED

quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
edited June 2008 in General Discussion
would it be good to mount on a long gun? how long does it last at max output?

Comments

• Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I actually own two of them. One on my m-4 and one that i carry in pocket on missions. Good lights and it all depends on what batteries you use. Just like anything that takes batteries you should always carry extra. I personally love them both. I the one i carry in my pocket has been pretty much destroyed and it still works with out a flaw. I recommend them for sure. There are flashlights and then there are surefire's.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    them new LEDs are supposed to have an eleven hour run time. and a 80 lumen output. i have heard from my buddies that they are insanly tuff. and i have just installed some rail handguards on a few new rifles and im trying to find the best stuff. any experiance with the beta mag?
  • Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive heard that two, if one of mine goes down ill end up buying another one. Sorry no experience with it. But sure fire is definitely way to go. Ive had countless times used mine to stop people approaching our vehicle dead in their tracks at night. It disorientates the hell out of them.
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not have a 6p, but I have several G2's and a couple of other surefire lights. I bought several new led bulbs for them, and the surefire led bulb is just as tough as the old ones. My brother is a surefire dealer and at the shows he has a g2 that he throws around, hits the wall, the floor, I have seen him chunk it over 15 feet and it still is working after years of abuse like that. The light was broken and scarred on the outside, but it continues to work and function properly.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    anyone know how long the light stays at top output, it runs twelve hours but does it sustain the same output the hole time or run down slowly?