In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Joshmb1982 here is your facts

2»

Comments

• IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    Im not evading anything, We kill cows in November we bring them home we eat the whole damn elk all year long so even in your stupid I kill 2 elk scenerio get your buddy mossberg to tell ya how many elk 1 wolf eats in a year... and how many it just kills[}:)] what do those two numbers add up to then times that by the amount of wolves you people think are here, (which is way more than you people think) Whats that number AL.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idahordnk
    Im not evading anything, We kill cows in November we bring them home we eat the whole damn elk all year long so even in your stupid I kill 2 elk scenerio get your buddy mossberg to tell ya how many elk 1 wolf eats in a year... and how many it just kills[}:)] what do those two numbers add up to then times that by the amount of wolves you people think are here, (which is way more than you people think) Whats that number AL.

In Wyoming it is estimated a .125 (average) ,some cases higher some lower, elk per wolf per day in the winter multiply by 181. This gives you the number per wolf over a 181 day period. So on average 22-25 per animal.
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1

So you are smarter than the Biologist that are charged with keeping count. Hell last I remember you didn't like to leave your backyard to hunt Elk. Now you are saying you travel all over the State of Idaho counting Wolves.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie
    quote:Originally posted by freemind

Tags are reduced aye, but do you care to back that up with factual evidence, directly to wolves. Other than the same old but but before sentence. I doubt very few self identified hippies were even part of the re-introdution, but if thats what it takes to keep one angry then I suppose it is working for ya.

It doesn't matter what evidence I put forth, guys like you will ALLWAYS say the source isn't "credible". There is never enough evidence for your type.

The proof is in the pudding, or so they say. Guys that actually HUNT are seeing less. Tags alotments are REDUCED. Wolves ARE killing the herds off. WHO in their right mind would want a preditor introduced into an area that hunting was ALLREADY keeping numbers in check? I will tell you, only fools and tree huggers would want what was done.

Well I guess it works two ways then doesn't it. Shoe on the other foot? Well I have only ever seen two things posted and thats it. This save the elk website which I can debunk and think of lots of reasons not to believe it is 100% true. However I have read 95 pages of creditable document that makes your language seem over zealous. It was posted by a gentleman who was not if full agreement with I, and probably still isn't. Let me be straight with you I have never once feel into calling names or degrading the person an internet connection away. So those who are respectful I listen to a might more. Those bound down by stereo types and possible traditional opinion not so much.

Shoe on the other foot? Man, what a jackstrap you are!

I posted my comments to this thread. I posted what I know, and what I have seen. YOU jumped on me and demanded "MY PROOF". I didn't direct my post to YOU, but you took it personally I gather.

BTW, I don't LIVE in wolf country. I don't have to. I can see what OTHER species of dogs do. I have seen what yotes do, and I have seen what domestic dogs that have turned wild do. Domestic dogs that have turned wild are not too much different than wolves, with the exception that Domestics kill wontonly more.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1

Tags are reduced aye, but do you care to back that up with factual evidence, directly to wolves. Other than the same old but but before sentence. I doubt very few self identified hippies were even part of the re-introdution, but if thats what it takes to keep one angry then I suppose it is working for ya.

It doesn't matter what evidence I put forth, guys like you will ALLWAYS say the source isn't "credible". There is never enough evidence for your type.

The proof is in the pudding, or so they say. Guys that actually HUNT are seeing less. Tags alotments are REDUCED. Wolves ARE killing the herds off. WHO in their right mind would want a preditor introduced into an area that hunting was ALLREADY keeping numbers in check? I will tell you, only fools and tree huggers would want what was done.

Well I guess it works two ways then doesn't it. Shoe on the other foot? Well I have only ever seen two things posted and thats it. This save the elk website which I can debunk and think of lots of reasons not to believe it is 100% true. However I have read 95 pages of creditable document that makes your language seem over zealous. It was posted by a gentleman who was not if full agreement with I, and probably still isn't. Let me be straight with you I have never once feel into calling names or degrading the person an internet connection away. So those who are respectful I listen to a might more. Those bound down by stereo types and possible traditional opinion not so much.

Shoe on the other foot? Man, what a jackstrap you are!

I posted my comments to this thread. I posted what I know, and what I have seen. YOU jumped on me and demanded "MY PROOF". I didn't direct my post to YOU, but you took it personally I gather.

BTW, I don't LIVE in wolf country. I don't have to. I can see what OTHER species of dogs do. I have seen what yotes do, and I have seen what domestic dogs that have turned wild do. Domestic dogs that have turned wild are not too much different than wolves, with the exception that Domestics kill wontonly more.

Well then I apologize for making you feel threatened by my demands. I remove them and then respectfull request them. One would expect to have some kind of proof for his statements. Jockstrap thats a new one. As I may be demanding but I am not insulting you. Because of my candor and certainly yours we have allowed blockage of discourse. Good day Sir.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aglore

So you are smarter than the Biologist that are charged with keeping count. Hell last I remember you didn't like to leave your backyard to hunt Elk. Now you are saying you travel all over the State of Idaho counting Wolves.

No Im saying the biologists dont have a clue either. When I can go out and find sign all over hell, and stop and talk to the F+G on the way home and he tells me there aint no wolves in that country then find out three weeks later that a government trapper has took 8 out not 5 miles from where i was. Funny thing about numbers AL is you people can make them say what ever ya want, I rely on what I see. Why dont ya come on down walk a mile in my shoes and tell me im wrong, Besides apparently your arguing the same point I am They need managed just like anything else in the other thread. WTH over[?]
    edited November -1
    [;)] get er done [:)]
  • coledigger4coledigger4 Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And you have no blame in the decline of the Elk population in certain areas by shooting cows in November while they are carrying a fetus. That's 2 Elk for the price of one. What a schmuck. Oh, in case you haven't heard, I have already killed more wolves than you'll ever see in your lifetime.
    [/quote]

Just so you know, we have had an abundance of elk even with the extended cow season up until the wolf population exploded to OVER 4 times what the U. S. Fish and Wildlife was the limit.
  • coledigger4coledigger4 Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://fwp.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=36743

Eat your hearts out fellas, It took me forever to read this thing last time. Pretty heavy on the jargon side too. Of course most of you will not read it. It will not sway opinions either, but help some into an understanding. Look if you hate critters because they kill things lets start blasting eagles, damn things eat ducks. Rip the heads right off and in front of ya.

I agree with you on this. There is a lot of talk here about putting Sage Grouse on the endangered species list. They are pointing fingers all about but they aren't saying a word about how much the raptor population has grown.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    so whats the difference between the raptors and the wolves??? both are preditors having an adverse effect on a game species we hunt. should we start eradicating all the eagle,hawks, and falcons as well?