In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is Dennis coming back and P3skyking

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
????? Hope so. Like both and hope it is only a temp thing Capt.[;)]I missed the fireworks show and didn't know what happened. Oak

Comments

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    I guessing it was a 30 day "time out." I also enjoyed both of their posts. Hope to see them back.
    Hoping the best for Dennis, as it was recently posted that He was having health issues.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    I guessing it was a 30 day "time out." I also enjoyed both of their posts. Hope to see them back.
    Hoping the best for Dennis, as it was recently posted that He was having health issues.

Mental health issues?

Seriously, if he is having problems, I hope he is better soon.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    No Navybat - the post in top of this one, 2nd down on the page. "Prayers asked for" posted by Forgemonkey. Unidentified Internal bleeding issues.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    No Navybat - the post in top of this one, 2nd down on the page. "Prayers asked for" posted by Forgemonkey. Unidentified Internal bleeding issues.

YIKES! Well, as I said, I'm seriously hoping he is alright then. As Oakie said, I missed everything.

Sorry, Dennis.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    Eleven more days I believe,,
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only the Captain knows; for sure!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    I don't even see Dennis listed on the members list anymore. He must have gotten a N/A
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    I don't even see Dennis listed on the members list anymore. He must have gotten a N/A
    look under,"D",,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    look under,"D",,
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll be honest, though. I can't believe it's taken this long for him to be banished. The number of people he picks fights with.... [:D]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I drove by P3's place yesterday on the way home from the beach but we were hell bound for leather to get back home. He has a few more days in the hole. Dennis on the other hand will need to petition support to reactivate his Auction side account before he can have his forums account unlocked.
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    I drove by P3's place yesterday on the way home from the beach but we were hell bound for leather to get back home. He has a few more days in the hole. Dennis on the other hand will need to petition support to reactivate his Auction side account before he can have his forums account unlocked.

Can't get more accurate than that. Don
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dennis on the other hand will need to petition support to reactivate his Auction side account before he can have his forums account unlocked.

So how does that work? Excuse my ignorance but I'm scratching my head here.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot
    Dennis on the other hand will need to petition support to reactivate his Auction side account before he can have his forums account unlocked.

I suspect that Dennis either:
    1) has an active auction account that is not linked to his forum account (like me.. using the same user name was discouraged at one time in ancient history)
    2) he never actually opened an auction account. And he'll have to pony up the $1 to participate on the forum side.

But I'm just guessing.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I miss both.
    P3 is sharp when it comes to firearms and a valuable member.
    However, rules are rules.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot

I suspect that Dennis either:
    1) has an active auction account that is not linked to his forum account (like me.. using the same user name was discouraged at one time in ancient history)
    2) he never actually opened an auction account. And he'll have to pony up the $1 to participate on the forum side.

But I'm just guessing.

Can't be that, my usernames are different too.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dam! P3 and Dennis....been to North Carolina.....didn't know...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not a good place to be.

TNC14071701-DeepHole-Still.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    unless you're El Chapo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

I'm rather grumpy today. We came home a day early, and of course the sea turtle nest near the condo we have been watching all week hatched last night.

I may go back down later this month if we don't have any renters. The turtle lady we talked to on the way out said there are lots more left to hatch and some are still laying nests.
  • Options
    edited November -1

I'm rather grumpy today. We came home a day early, and of course the sea turtle nest near the condo we have been watching all week hatched last night.

I may go back down later this month if we don't have any renters. The turtle lady we talked to on the way out said there are lots more left to hatch and some are still laying nests.

Way cool! What beach? The first time my wife and I saw turtle hatchlings was on our honeymoon on the beach at Cancun.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

wow, never seen that. I know in Sanibel, they have all the beach lights, blacked out on the Gulf side, for the hatching turtles. We have seen the nest roped off, but never been there when they hatched. We belong to the Georgia Turtle research center on Jeckell Island. Cool place if you ever get to visit there Capt. You can watch surgeries and go see all the different turtles in the pools in the back. Love going there every year.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope they both return I enjoy both of their posts.
    Yes, Dennis is a wild man but who else could have brought us the incredible story of Little Buck?
  • Options
    edited November -1

....Kemps Ridley turtles?....the sad part is all we save,the Mexicans use to go down to the beaches in Can Cune with lights at night,and dig up the eggs to use as food...I had an old video of the Turtle Protection plan that is now in use...Let me know when your coming....I'll take you to the best seafood restaurant down here...
  • Options
    edited November -1

....Kemps Ridley turtles?....the sad part is all we save,the Mexicans use to go down to the beaches in Can Cune with lights at night,and dig up the eggs to use as food...I had an old video of the Turtle Protection plan that is now in use...Let me know when your coming....I'll take you to the best seafood restaurant down here...

Some Kemps and some Loggerheads. High school friend of mine from Charleston posted some great video this week of loggerheads hatching out on Folly Beach. I have seen them laying eggs down on Edisto and Kiawah but have yet to see the hatchlings.

We were pondering going to Ft Morgan or over to Pawleys Island this weekend for the holiday but gave it up over the hurricane deal. Plus my friends from Mullins are coming here for the Clemson game in a few weeks.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where is Dennis?
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Where is Dennis?

1457784957-0.jpg
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we vacationed on Edisto a couple years back, My wife wants to go back . one of my wifes favorite places now to go
    they had the turtle eggs surrounded with caution tape , 1st time I ever heard of it and learned some about the whole thing
    nice couple in the cabin next to us his wife was part of the group that watched over them and were allowed to be there when they hatched , some special group and privilege ?
    they had some of there family along and we spent a little time fishing off a deck in the park with them great bunch and normal southern hospitality and friendly [^][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ....when I was kid,we would go down to Ft. Morgan and see the turtles coming on the beach to lay their eggs...I have eaten the eggs,but never really liked them....my Dad did...Now there is a Condo on just about every foot of sand...the natural nesting areas are in danger!...Ft Morgan is the best unheard of spot on the Gulf! Your Mom did well in getting the Condo..You will love that part of the Gulf..your out of the mainstream rush....many fond memories of that part of the world...use to ride my Zundapp 200 all the way down there in the'50's....stay with my aunt and uncle...wonderful times...[;)]