In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

You Ever Do This?...

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in General Discussion

Comments

• danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Buddy of mine, did it on the Ranger, in Vietnam era, at Night! Don't know how many. He volunteered to take others' missions at night.

Carrier Pilots are Tip-Top Aviators, in any Pilot's estimation.
  • acdoddacdodd Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never did it but I have stood on the flight deck and watched hundreds of them.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For some reason it didn't look as fast or as violent as I thought it would be.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not me: My cousins (Now retired, one dead) were A-6E Jet Jockeys on the USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63). My cousin Brad died during the botched Carter Iran Hostage Rescue Mission. The report was bad weather, the other report Shot down. I do not believe any of them.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    Amazing,,[8D][8D][8D]
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    Not me: My cousins (Now retired, one dead) were A-6E Jet Jockeys on the USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63). My cousin Brad died during the botched Carter Iran Hostage Rescue Mission. The report was bad weather, the other report Shot down. I do not believe any of them.

My son served on the Teddy Roosevelt( maiden voyage) and his second tour was the Kitty Hawk.....A6's