In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kawasaki Mule Question

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
....I have a Mule 610 2012 model. When you first start it,it just idles fine,but after it warms up and your driving it around the yard and dog it,it starts burning white smoke....afer you shut it down,and restart it,it doesn't smoke until you get on it again....???? Broken oil ring? What? this utv has only 22 hrs on it...

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Is this a Gas engine[?]air cooled or water cooled[?]White smoke normally equal water getting in exhaust system or leaking head gasket.
    EDITOK air cooled sound like it could have been over filled during service or air filter got wet vent pipe from crankcase breather spitting oil into Carb. . I would check oil level and then remove air filter to run a 10 minute test.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitely an oil problem. might have a broken ring or something that is making the oil leak. I would think if it had a broken ring, it would dog constantly. Look at the plug and see if it has white build up on it.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Is this a Gas engine[?]air cooled or water cooled[?]White smoke normally equal water getting in exhaust system or leaking head gasket.
    Air Cooled....it smells like oil....didn't do this until we took it to a dealer for service...
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think most of us have too many engines! I have 12 and am always servicing them. Need them (I think) but really keep me busy[:(!]
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ""didn't do this until we took it to a dealer for service...""

Did you or the dealer power wash it or spray it down with lots of water???

You may have a water trap filled with h2o.
    At High speeds, it's sucking up moisture.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check to make sure that it is not overfilled with oil first.

Next the crankcase vent tube. Find it and follow it back to the small canister. Remove the canister and the check to see if it is blocked or full of water. Here I have found them blocked by frozen water during the winter. Then check the tube for blockage. If the crank case vent is blocked. It ill either blow the dip stick out or the oil pass the rings once it gets hot enough and cause the engine to smoke.

2012 and only has 22 hrs on it. Running the engine for short periods and not enough to get it to full operating temp long enough can cause condensation in the crank case. The water can mix with the oil and cause smoking. Running an air cooled engine once a week 1/4 mile down to the mail box and back is not good for them especially during cold, damp or wet weather with out an oil change often.
    edited November -1
    ...went back and checked it again.....this time , I checked the oil level ,and then I ran it around until it warmed up....same thing white smoke when you push it!...Let it idle,with smoke coming out(not heavy), I noticed a liquid dripping from the tail pipe...like gas are water...couldn't tell because it was hot from the tail pipe...could be unburned gas? are water?...taking it back to the dealer today...see what they say....
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Is there a Drain On the Bottom of the Exhaust Willie
    take Out the Plug Maybe pressure Wash person loaded the Tail Pipe
    White Is Usually Water
    edited November -1
    Already did that (drained the muffler)....nothing came out...???[?]