In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

College Football playoff contenders

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
Quality wins will play a big roll on who makes the playoffs. Alabama has 1 win against a top ten team and 6 wins against one loss against top 30 teams. Oklahoma has 2 wins and 0 losses against top 10 teams and 5 wins and 0 losses against top 30 teams. Ohio State has 0 wins and 0 losses against top 10 teams and has 1 win and 1 loss against top 30 teams; not a good showing where quality of wins is concerned. Clemson is 2 and 0 and 2 and 0 in the top 10 and 30 team bracket, respectively, with Stanford at 1 and 0 and 4 and 1; and Michigan State at 1 and 0 and 3 and 0.
What's next?

Comments

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...So who is your top 4 at this time?
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    ...So who is your top 4 at this time?

For some reason I can't get excited about Iowa, so I'm thinking the Spartans are a more dangerous team...both are oviously very good. With Oklahoma appearing to be the first team to apparently lock up a well deserved playoff spot, I'll go with Bama, Clemson, and Michigan State to lock-in after their playoff game. But as you know, exrtraordinarily strange things happen with the CFP Committee and their choices; and for sure they will be madder than a wet hen about the the Big-12 conference not having a playoff game. That and should Bama or Clemson lose that might allow in another Big-10 team, and maybe even Stanford. Who knows right now?

Who do you think will be in the playoffs, pwillie?
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    Most likely a team that should be there...want make...I don't think the west coast has anyone...Ohio St is the best talent wise! But Bama has the best defense in the nation...and they have number 2!...MSU,if they beat Iowa...I don't like Clemson to finish....they don't have a defense. After the Texas debacle ,Oklahoma has made a statement...
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as it is not the dawgs.....

Richt will still get a multi million $ buyout, but probably a 50yr annuity.

How does stanford keep getting football talent? I guarantee you they are violating 500 NCAA rules. And they have the LAMEST mascot of all sports teams on this entire planet.....

It's a tree....
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO Alabama should ALWAYS be included in the top 5, NO MATTER WHAT, out of deference to Paul 'Bear' Bryant, the grand old man of football
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    IMHO Alabama should ALWAYS be included in the top 5, NO MATTER WHAT, out of deference to Paul 'Bear' Bryant, the grand old man of football

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well, then Michigan State should always be in the top 5 out of deference to Leonidas and the 300 at Thermopylae

Seriously are you kidding?
    That means if they are unworthy today a team that is worthy loses because you have a hard on for some old guy?

This season has had some stupid endings often on bad calls so for me it will always be a ???? season

The other thing I noticed; after each game when I check my bank balance, it is unchanged.
    Apparently who ever wins of loses has not actual bearing on my life.
    Go figure
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well, then Michigan State should always be in the top 5 out of deference to Leonidas and the 300 at Thermopylae

Seriously are you kidding?
    That means if they are unworthy today a team that is worthy loses because you have a hard on for some old guy?

This season has had some stupid endings often on bad calls so for me it will always be a ???? season

The other thing I noticed; after each game when I check my bank balance, it is unchanged.
    Apparently who ever wins of loses has not actual bearing on my life.
    Go figure

[:D][:D][:D]
    What's next?
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF Clemson beats NC they have a lock on number 1 in my opinion, down grading them due to the tough game at Carolina shouldn't matter since Carolina beat NC LOL
    (What do you expect even a bad year for an SEC team makes a tough opponent for an ACC team) :):):):):) LOL

As for the rest I think you have to give second place to unbeaten Iowa if they beat Michigan State.

Alabama should beat Florida and deserves #3 versus a no playoff Oklahoma in 4.

Now if Clemson loses to NC, Clemson is out NC in but at number 2 or 3 with all else the same.
    If Iowa loses to Michigan State then Michigan State goes to number 3 or 4.
    If Bama loses to Florida all hell breaks lose and maybe Stanford or someone else is in. LOL
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    edited November -1
    I think the match up between Bama and Oklahoma is a given due to them leading in their number of quality wins, and I would expect that it will turn out much the same as their last meeting. The Buckeyes got lucky caught Bama when their secondary was having problems, but it is solid once again as usual. Iowa will not get second place due to their lack of quality wins...they have only 1, repeat 1, win against top 30 teams, and none against a top 10 team. Michigan State is a 3 point favorite to beat Iowa, and should they win and Clemson and Bama win, the Big-10 rep should come in at No. 4 as I see it.
    What's next?
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't count out ND just yet. If they played Turtle Creek Nursing home 10 times and won they would get in.
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What if the Hawkeyes beat the Spartans? Then what happens?
    edited November -1
    I think that if the same top three remain that Oklahoma and Alabama will play each other, but who knows?
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    Iowa could be a sleeper....I think Bama is peaking at the right time....