In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tommy Toe Soup

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
Tonight was a first for me. I had been jonesing for some tomato soup and my neighbor Bill had given me a sack full of tomatoes from his garden. I've been eating them like crazy
Why not as tomato soup?
I pureed a dozen in the blender. Into the pot went puree, salt, pepper, stevia (or sugar, 3tbls would work too), celery seed, onion powder, a bay leaf, and some fresh pork crumble sausage.

After it was ready, I put some shreadded taco cheese and club crackers in it. My God it was delicious.

Second bowl, I left off the cheese and added Lea & Perrins Worchestershire Sauce and Tabasco. Again, OUTSTANDING RESULTS.

There are damn few things you can't make at home that beat the hell out of prepared bought foods. ConAgra and Campbells over salt food and load them with perservatives that are toxic to lifeforms. They have to be to kill the bacteria that causes spoilage. Don't eat that crap.

I realize not everyone can take the time to prepare meals every day and that a Marie Callender lasagna is a tasty treat, but at least experiment making things so you have the skill. It may come in handy one day. Bon appetit!

Comments

• Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are the Hippy's getting to you?[;)]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grouch Attack is a "tommy toe" freak. Anything that uses tomato in any form, she goes overboard. Over the last 40 years, I've developed an aversion and make every effort to prevent consuming tommy toes. I don't remove a slice from a sandwich but I don't opt for it either.
    We used to grow them by the bushel but after while, I just refused to care for the plants so I didn't have to eat them constantly.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love the Tommy toe soup. It has to be with rye toast with melted swiss cheese.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tomato Gravy with rice...scrambled eggs.... woooooo good...!