In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

June 4 to July 4th NO Chinese crap

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited June 2008 in General Discussion
Are we Americans as dumb as we appear or is it that we just don't think? While the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets, the media wrings its hands and criticizes the Bush Administration for perceived errors. Yet 70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended. Well, duh..why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? DO IT YOURSELF!!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, however you will be equally amazed at what you can do without. Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example, the point is.. do not wait for the government t o act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!! The downside? Some American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory. ** Downside ??

The solution ?

Let's give them fair warning and send our own message. We will not implement this UNTIL June 4, and we will only continue it until July 4. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, June 4 to July 4.

Send this to everybody you know.

Show them we are Americans

and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese

goods for one month out of our lives,

WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on America !!!

Comments

• Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    you got a very valid point, and it may even work.. but, getting twenty people to do what is needed is a chore.. only an act of god could get 200 million americans to do anything. i dont even think 200 million people voted last election.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL......Mexicans LOVE Chinese stuff, so it will never work.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I been saying that for years. The amereican buying public is one of the most powerful forces on earth. Don't want chinese crap? Don't buy it, pretty soon it'll be gone. Don't like the cars Detroit makes? Don't buy any new cars for a while and pretty soon they'll be making the cars you want. Wake up people.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No can do!
    Love my fireworks, and china makes the cheapest [:D][:D]
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    No can do!
    Love my fireworks, and china makes the cheapest

and that right there is the problem[xx(]
    some times there are more important issues than ITS THE CHEAPEST
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gskyhawk
    No can do!

They will get MILLIONS, BILLIONS of dollars on the 4th of july.. my $20.00 is chump change to them.

Otherwise, i would pay the extra money for something made in USA. but not if its something i shoot and go "YAY" to.
  • Options
    JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This will really work!

Just like the email saying "don't buy gas on friday".

That has really lowered the price of fuel where I live.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008
    quote:Originally posted by gskyhawk
    No can do!

They will get MILLIONS, BILLIONS of dollars on the 4th of july.. my $20.00 is chump change to them.

Otherwise, i would pay the extra money for something made in USA. but not if its something i shoot and go "YAY" to.

You really are a person of simple pleasures, aren't you?
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fshfndr
    Are we Americans as dumb as we appear
    Yes.
    For the most part.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote: Are we Americans as dumb as we appear
    No..certainly not.

Dumber.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    The wife and I try to buy american made products when ever we can. We still end up having to buy something non american every now and they but if i can find it made in america i will buy it.
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    Finding products made in the U.S....Now thats a chore. I always look. I think china makes everything we have.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HOW ABOUT REFUSING PORT TO CHINESE CRAP LIKE THEY REFUSED OUR ANNUAL NAVAL VISIT TO HONG KONG????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about not buying any crap for a few months from China or someplace else. How much stuff do you need anyway. I expect that the only thing I will be buying for the next couple months will be food, wine, chocolate, shampoo, gasoline, movie tickets, dinners out, and medicine.
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ===
    I agree completely with the Chinese Goods Boycot. Fireworks? China makes the "onliest" fireworks, I thought. But then, We don' need no stinkin' fireworks!!

I say F#&%'em all. Buy American-made, Japanese-made or Mexican-made goods (yeah, spare me the Mexican comments). This supports US and allied countries and hopefully keeps some of those meskins home.

I've been checking labels for a long time, and I've noticed others have too, because all the time I find stickers over the country of origin stamp pulled up on Chinese goods.

Don't buy their stuff.