In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sitting at a Texas Roadhouse

IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
They have a couple shoulder mounts hanging on the wall with a name plate under each one that says the hunters name and caught with the monthand year. I would love to see some one catch a elk and an a antelope

Comments

• texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Idahobound
    . ........ I would love to see some one catch a elk and an a antelope

Back in the 80's I help develop elk capture with a net gun and helicopter. At the time there was only one around, and it was the same one in the movie "Running Man" used to catch Arnold Schwarzenegger. It shot 4, one-half pound weights out of the tubes on the corners of the net. It was propelled by a 308 cartridge packed full of powder and kicked like a mule. The butt stock was a modified shock absorber. The net we tried first were deer nets and too small for 500lb+ elk. We had to put 2-3 nets on each elk , which succeeded in slowing them down, then literally bulldogged them. We caught 20 the first day and it was a rodeo in all sense of the word. Got better the next time around with bigger nets. In my career I've probably caught over 200 elk and 200 deer and exotics. It's a young mans game, and I ain't young anymore.....