In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just got new tires and....

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I noticed that I smell a very distinct smell every once in a while well I am driving down the road...almost like burnt rubber. Haven't driven it much(maybe 50 miles) since I got them put on. Is there some kind of sealer or layer that has to burn off that is causing the smell?

My immediate thought was that maybe they are rubbing when I turn or something, but I can't find any indication and haven't seen any smoke when driving.

And no, I am not purposely burning rubber. [:D] Just had to make that clear before some of the smartarses said something.

I am stopping back in to the shop tomorrow to have them check the lugnuts so I will ask them about it then, just wondering if maybe anyone has any ideas.

Jon

Comments

• Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    You have heard of new car smell right?

Does it smell like the tire warehouse?

Dennis, definitely different then new tire smell. Like I said, smells like burnt rubber. Not a real strong smell, but definitely there. The better half could smell it as well.

Jon