In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Run & You Just Die Tired..Mr Taliban

COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
...FLIR of diaperhead running, shot & falls...tries to get up, then a big part of his head flies off with a kill shot at about 25 seconds in...then leaves a huge obligatory blood trail from his head wound as his body rolls down a small hill...I love stories with happy endings...[^]

http://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/afghanistan-conflict/taliban-taken-out-on-camera/1661761348001/

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That was a happy short film. Thank you for posting [:D]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Yes it was, but the Afghan taliban will never surrender, regardless of this death.

The Soviets couldn't take them down, and they were capable of actual brutality unlike how our troops are limited in what they can do.

We will either pull out, and it will return to what it was,......OR we will have presence there for several more decades.

I say leave them to live in the stone age, and bring our folks home.
    Give them a warning about allowing more terrorist training camps such as what started this whole thing.

"If it happens again, we will nuke areas of your country with tacticals."

Colt,....think of how many vids could be made of our soldiers with their heads, legs, etc. blown off.[xx(][V]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we can't leave until all the mineral wealth is secured for china's use
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

Yes it was, but the Afghan taliban will never surrender, regardless of this death.

The Soviets couldn't take them down, and they were capable of actual brutality unlike how our troops are limited in what they can do.

We will either pull out, and it will return to what it was,......OR we will have presence there for several more decades.

Give them a warning about allowing more terrorist training camps such as what started this whole thing.

Colt,....think of how many vids could be made of our soldiers with their heads, legs, etc. blown off.[xx(][V]

+1, pure common sense
  • Options
    partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    Thanks for lifting my spirits!!!!![:)]
  • Options
    PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    quote:

Last I checked we still have bases in: Germany, Japan, Korea... This is nothing new...
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've read where they have 95% of the worlds Lithium needed for super batteries, but not sure if thats true or not.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    I agree - bring our boys home..............

starting in europe
  • Options
    Jayhawk2218Jayhawk2218 Member Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1

Interesting, because I witnessed MANY HUNDREDS of them surrender back in 2001 for a pittance.

Perhaps your experience was different?

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Come home?

Why?

Seems rather short-sighted to me.

Soldiers sign-up to do this shiite, American citizens do not. Keep fighting these savages abroad, or they will consolidate, re-build and re-organize for the sole purpose of coming to America to bring this fight to you.

Are you ready? Clearly, you've already opted out of at least one opportunity.

NS
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PATBUZZARD
    quote:

Last I checked we still have bases in: Germany, Japan, Korea... This is nothing new...

Not to mention Alabama, Arkansaw, Florida, Texas, North & South Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Louisiana & Mississippi.
    Damnyankees go home.
  • Options
    timinpatiminpa Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taliban did not exist at the time of the soviet occupation but I agree the people under any organization no matter the name won't ever stop resisting.

What would have happened had the guy threw his hands up and signaled he wanted to surrender?

• Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker
    Come home?

Why?

Soldiers sign-up to do this shiite, American citizens do not. Keep fighting these savages abroad, or they will consolidate, re-build and re-organize for the sole purpose of coming to America to bring this fight to you.

NS

Boy you might have had a point but for the fact our borders are open and arabs have an invite by immigration policies.

When the war kicks off live in the homeland it will be as a direct result of immigration policies and traitorious politicians.

Maybe the war is a crock o crap and has you distracted.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    Come home?

Why?

NS

Boy you might have had a point but for the fact our borders are open and arabs have an invite by immigration policies.

When the war kicks off live in the homeland it will be as a direct result of immigration policies and traitorious politicians.

Maybe the war is a crock o crap and has you distracted.
    Sir-

I agree 100%.

At least you (and many other GB members actually) have your eyes open and know what the hell is happening. Sadly, most American's remain clueless IMHO.[V]

NS
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    Many thanks from here too. Made my day.[:)]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Interesting, because I witnessed MANY HUNDREDS of them surrender back in 2001 for a pittance.

Perhaps your experience was different?

NS

NS,......I think you know what I meant.
    Regardless of whether they are Afghan Taliban, * Taliban, or Mujahideen, they keep coming back.

I guess if you want the US to maintain troops there forever, you may keep a handle on them, but you will never eliminate them. It's like trying to totally rid an area of cockroaches, and rats IMO.

Another point,.....to have any chance of finishing them, I figure we would have to go to war with Pakistan as well. They seem to cross back and forth over that border with impunity.

Whatever name you wish to call them, they are stone age people that have no desire for what we call freedom. No matter how noble your desires for that area of the world might be, I do not think they will ever be changed.
    They are Muslims, and are used to living under dictators, warlords, and theocrats.

Switch it around, and think about this nation being invaded by Muslims trying to convert us to their way of life. Do you think that the majority of Americans would accept that?
    Do you think they would EVER quit fighting to get the foreigners out of their country?

Maybe I'm wrong, or pessimistic, but the only way I see of ending it all is to nuke them. That isn't going to happen.
    BTW,....there was no need for your comment about my 'experience' as you know I have none. I am always the first to admit that I have never served.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Love the clip! It lifted my spirits.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Come home?

Why?

NS

Spot On.

Soldiers don't volunteer to sit on their * at home waiting for something to happen.
    You better defend those at home by taking the fight to the enemy.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    I've read where they have 95% of the worlds Lithium needed for super batteries, but not sure if thats true or not.

nope. myth.

they've got a lot of opium there though.