In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Think she gives a rip? Noooooooooo

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Police were called on a group of retirees who refused to leave Sen. Dianne Feinstein's West Los Angeles office until she talked to them about health care reform.

Los Angeles police Sergeant Rich Brunson said Thursday that police lured the group of seven outside somehow, then locked the building's doors behind them.

Brunson had said earlier that eight people were being taken into custody, but corrected himself after getting new details from officers on the scene.

A spokeswoman for the 55- to 87-year-old activists said they arrived at Feinstein's office around noon and remained in her conference room more than six hours.

Feinstein spokesman Gil Duran says staff offered the retirees an in-person meeting with the senator during a Los Angeles visit next week but that they demanded to speak with her immediately.

Comments

• Options
    trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Dems are at the point that they think it is now or never.
    They will listen to nobody .
    They should remember the Gray Panthers .
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    That sounds reasonable to me, you can't just show up at a Senators office and demand to see them. If they let them get away with it, soon every nut with a cause would be standing around her office building and she would never get any work done .(not a bad idea)
    I think it was good of her to offer a scheduled meeting later and they should have gratefully accepted.
    Just being a veteran shouldn't allow activists special access to our lawmakers but I do applaud their interest in the process and desire to prevent what will be a debacle of historic proportions. There just is a process they should follow in their efforts.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the elected have distanced themselves by actions such as this to avoid accountability ....even seems impossible to un-elect them nowadays
  • Options
    IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Process!!!! Are you freaking kidding me. There are a lot of "processes" that they fully ignore. They no longer care about the process. The meeting would have been scheduled and then promptly canceled. Someone needs to pull their head out and look at what is going on. You would then see that the "process" no longer works.
  • Options
    Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    Think she will be re-electd ? YESSSSSSSSS !
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Duce1
    Think she will be re-electd ? YESSSSSSSSS !

I have been voting against all 3 of them for years now Box. Fin. and Pol. The three wicked witches of the west.
  • Options
    kayzapkayzap Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The elderly vote more than any other group. Please Diane, Tick off as many as you can.
  • Options
    Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    quote:Originally posted by Duce1
    Think she will be re-elected ? YESSSSSSSSS !

I have been voting against all 3 of them for years now Box. Fin. and Pol. The three wicked witches of the west.

A sincere thank you FrancF.

At least someone is doing there job and using there right to vote in these witches districts for " Change we can believe in" .