In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The AK-47 price conspiracy?

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
I smell a conspiracy to drive up the prices on AK's and or inflate their value, on the cheapest assault rifle ever made.
What's behind this?

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    demand typically
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...and supply. When's the last time you saw a pile of imported AK's on a dealer's table at a gun show?

Neal
  • Options
    CSI21CSI21 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a conspiracy Waco, but as they said a supply and demand, and whats neat is you can buy a better AK thats made here in the US. Just more expensive for sure.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't buy that explanation. Take a look at all the AK's sitting on gun broker not selling. I'd say only 4% of the AK's on the site are getting hits.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CSI21
    Not a conspiracy Waco, but as they said a supply and demand, and whats neat is you can buy a better AK thats made here in the US. Just more expensive for sure.

Just like everything else made in the USA as well.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    I don't buy that explanation. Take a look at all the AK's sitting on gun broker not selling. I'd say only 4& of the AK's on the site are getting hits.

if they are not selling at the prices asked, good chance the prices will eventually be dropped as the items are re-listed IMHO
  • Options
    hunter86004hunter86004 Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Currency exchange rates?
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the full auto's ate still 20K and up
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    just like sks's years ago where 75 bucks tops, mosin nagants the same , huge supply hit and flooded the market, they got ate up real fast

ak's fluctuate more than any other gun ive seen yet
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall

gotta link?
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    You would think with all the Saiga's coming in & starting at 300.00 it would or will start to affect prices. But I agree with the others that said once the dealers/sellers sit on them for awhile prices will come down. At least they are not at 900.00-1000.00 for a dang wasr like in 08-09.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Election year... Happens when the liberals look good. Everybody remembers the assult rifle band.. And are afraid of it happening again, but this time without a grandfather clause attached to it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    Election year... Happens when the liberals look good. Everybody remembers the assult rifle band.. And are afraid of it happening again, but this time without a grandfather clause attached to it

U.N. small arms treaty [V]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like to get an AK but I have too many AR lowers to finish first.
  • Options
    DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The answer OP is BARRELS.

Chopping up the BARRELS of good parts kits is STUPID. Yet this is the path out doofus .gov has chosen to go down.

Building an AK from a good parts kit with an original bbl is hours less labor than building one from a new barrel.

To add to this grief, the new barrels are CRAP, because they are "quick and dirty" US made junk with, more often than not, NO chrome lining.
  • Options
    PanzerSlayer2PanzerSlayer2 Member Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen a good AK at any of the local shows or stores for a while. Only the bubba'd Crapco ones out there priced at a huge premium.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Didn't our esteemed president recently place a ban on importation of "historic semi-automatic firearms?"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not talking about the US made ones and anyway the US made ones are no better then the Eastern European AK's.

quote:Originally posted by armilite
    quote:Originally posted by CSI21

Just like everything else made in the USA as well.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall

gotta link?

It was on auction side recently, I can't find it now, but I think open bid was $22K by recently i mean since thanks giving

There is a full auto trigger group available.