In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Today

DBMJR1DBMJR1 Member Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Is Pops Birthday "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD" he Would Be 99 years old
Miss Ya Dad And ,,,, We're Doing Ok . "Save me a Spot Would ya"
Ps Jeff grew up to be a Fine Carpenter Too And he Figured out he Should not Paint The Garage With Used Motor Oil[:I] Thanks For Thinkin' It was CUTE Li'l Karin Is a Medical Assistant now She Will Do Ok She has The Rice genes & Temper[;)]
Love Rog
Dad Passed July 1982

Comments

• DBMJR1DBMJR1 Member Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Today I got a softball size rock and set it on the step.I talked and talked.I plead and pleaded.I argued and begged.I asked nice.I was stern.Loud voiced and softly.Hours and hours.The rock just would not move.Not a bit.Must have been a democrat rock.
    edited November -1
    I just want to wish everyone a good morning and a good day, today.

I'm off to a nearby gunshow in Frewsburg,NY and coming back to assist mom at a chinese auction.

Behave kids.]
    edited November -1
    Good morning to all and have as good a day as you can.

Smile and think happy thoughts no matter what happens.

Let's try to find some goodness to chat about. Deal?

I've got today off from work and actually feel like mowing the lawn today. It's only been a week since last cutting. Hopefully the rain will hold off (I hear thunder and see sprinkles).
    edited November -1
    I did a little pruning in the front yard.
    Yes, I know it isn't the ideal time. But I try to do as instructed. And all the other neighbors were out. So it makes it difficult to slack off fully.

Then I decided to take a break. Sat on the front porch with a nice glass of this awesome blackberry wheat microbrew that is made just up the street. (Some of you may remember my fondness of the *, as I like to call it)

While sipping my beer, I noticed a fella digging a hole. He was getting it almost dug. But then he would step out of it, fill it back in a'ways, turn around and get back to digging.

I thought about walking over and helping him with the hole he was digging.
    But then it occurred to me. It's his hole to dig. He's dug plenty of holes for himself in he past. And I'm sure he'll do a fine job on this one as well.

So I remained on the porch and grabbed another *. Nothing better than sitting on the porch with a *. I recommend. [;)]

I might go get those limbs up off the yard later. But for now, it's a perfect day.

Enjoy!
    edited November -1
    Today in 1944 the allied forces hit the beaches at normandy.
    We will never forget
    2002219122522-0-ihc4621355.jpg
    flag.gif
    navylogo.gif
    logo2.gifwww.operationdearabby.net
    edited November -1
    Made French Toast for the wife this morning for breakfast after we got home from church.

This afternoon we're going to see the re-release of The Lion King in 3D at the theater.

Nice, relaxing, soggy (raining), early autumn Sunday.
    edited November -1
    July 2nd, 1967 a gift from the Heavens[}:)] was delivered to my parents. A cute little fellow of just a little over six pounds.

mewithblackdeath_zpsf7e168a8.jpg
    edited November -1
    I went to visit two friends today, in spirit. They are not actually at this location, but I feel closer to them there.

So to get there, I had to take the ferry across the Mighty Mississippi River.
    P5250001.jpg

On arriving, I found that the cemetery is STILL closed to the public, so I wandered the battlefield until the rain drove me away.
    P5250007.jpg
    P5250005.jpg
    P5250006.jpg
    I drove to another entrance for the cemetery, and ignoring the posted signs, walked in.
    P5250012.jpg
    P5250010.jpg
    A park ranger greeted me, and politely explained that the cemetery was closed to the public.
    P5250011.jpg
    I explained why I was there, on this of all days, and he allowed me in, so long as I left my camera in the truck. Nice fellow.

Ferry ride home.
    P5250014.jpg
    edited November -1
    "It was the third of June, another sleepy, dust delta day.....
    Also the first day I ever worked in the glass industry (1971)
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Why on earth would a cemetery be closed ??

Ghosts ??

Doug
    edited November -1
    This particular cemetery was devastated by Hurricane Katrina. This is where the Battle of New Orleans was fought. Chalmette National Battle Field.

I have visited every year on this day, since '92. Since Katrina, it has been closed, but someone always lets me in. This year was no exception. I was afforded my privacy, which is good, as my eyes tend to leak.