Gosh, I guess...I am...

Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,837 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Persona...non-grata, here anymore on GBGD.

It's okay, I guess I understand. I've tried.

Most everything I write here is just read (shrug) and not responded to.

I really have tried here. I don't know what y'all want, but I guess D'con and Locust-fork are the only people you wish to talk to.

It's kind of sad in way. Well, I'm not bidding on an auction every day, and I guess that's what is important here anymore. I bid on some, win some and lose many, but gosh, the "club"...is getting old these days.

I really have tried, but it's getting hard. I probably shoot more than I ever had since I've been here, but it doesn't matter. It really doesn't seem to.

I guess I just really piss people off here. Well, I don't have a Camaro, or a garage full, or an elk herd in my back yard.

Geez, I'm just shaking my head...just can't do right by this place anymore! Just can't.

Oh, and BTW...F#, the security questions!! Sorry, but I don't do that!!

I guess picking beans are better. I'll just hope my tomato plants live.

...and so it goes.

Comments

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Feeling lonely?[:X]
  • Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,837 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redneckandy

Not really.

Why?
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This again?

GET OFF THE CROSS! WE NEED THE WOOD! (lol!)

[:D]

Merc
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk

Not really.

Why?
    Complaining about the lack of responses to your posts. This place has slowed considerably in the past few years. Go tend to your cows.
    I get more satisfaction doing that than I do wasting time on the interwebs.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk

Not really.

Why?
    Complaining about the lack of responses to your posts. This place has slowed considerably in the past few years. Go tend to your cows.
    I get more satisfaction doing that than I do wasting time on the interwebs.

Good point!

Thanks! Had a new bull over in another pasture today. Had Jack 1,500 yards away, but they were calling each other. The girls were checking him out across the fence, and the little ones were lovin' on him big time! Jack was freakin' (don't blame him, but he's getting old).

Honestly, probably gonna' have to ship all these cows (and Jack) out this year.
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cheer up man, nobody talks to me neither.
    edited November -1
    Jack has been one hell of a bull! Never owned a big bruiser like him who performed as well as he has, for as many years as he as, simply spectacular bull. He's 8 now, and he's done.

At 2,200 lbs. we can't get him through the chute (it's an 'XL', and he still can't get through). I don't want to skinny him; that wouldn't be fair to him after all he's done.

We put him out to pasture with the matriarch this year, to keep him company. Putting a big bull like this one down is a real heart yanker.

Even today, he still wants to fight for his wimmin's. He's just not performing at his best now, in our opinion. Time to go.

I posted up a video a couple years ago with Jack figthin'...he'd best any taker, and always did.
    edited November -1
    Here's Jack in a little fight with his son...for dominance!

Jack doesn't screw around!!!

• skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    `Did you like my post on the shipwright building a skiff? No? Well neither did a couple hundred others. Sometimes I guess wrong when it comes to what I think folks will find interesting. Happily it doesn't mean I don't get the big raise because I didn't get enough likes.[:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    `Did you like my post on the shipwright building a skiff? No? Well neither did a couple hundred others. Sometimes I guess wrong when it comes to what I think folks will find interesting. Happily it doesn't mean I don't get the big raise because I didn't get enough likes.[:o)]

I did!! Shoot, I watched about (8) of those videos! That guy is awesome!! Now I want to build a boat like that!
    edited November -1
    In any case...I'm bland.

I guess old age does that to a guy.

So much for love. (it was a song from the 80's).

Oh well.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well...

I have found that I do get a fair number of reads and replies to the threads I post based on my having aggressive advanced fast acting class III colon / rectal Cancer...

Normally I would give you the shirt off my back if I thought it would help (seeing as you are a fair minded relatively nice guy)...

But in this case i cannot figure out a way to give you Cancer and don't think you deserve it.

I would prefer if you remained here and remained active but you know your own mind.

I might actually admire and aspire towards some reacting to my posts with ambivalence or by ignoring me altogether...

At least the 2 misanthropic weasal members who for some reason actively hate me and seem to feel I am a liar or a loser or a leper. ..

I can't find it in my heart to wish you recieved the type of attention I attract from them - or to believe it's better than no attention at all.

I sincerely l hope that other than appearing to be mildly irritated or neglected or under appreciated that all is well with you and yours.

I do post here with some level of brutal honesty about my problems and many appear to be genuinely interested and have gone out of their way to be supportive and helpful.

If you do have some / any issues and wish to talk it over with us or solicit opinons or feedback I would be happy to participate - this type of thread is all to often authored by our membership - many of us seem to have troubling trials and tribulations to deal with.

Mike
    edited November -1
    It's funny, sometimes when you have the biggest jobs, you get to do it all alone. Nobody understands, and nobody wants to help. I always look around when I have a job like that. I marvel at the absence, and the quiet.

In some respects it makes you proud, and in others it just makes you feel lonely. People watch, then they tell you about it..."we saw you out there, way out there, way up on that ridge (through the binoculars) fixing the fence in the snow...how do you do that???". Well, come out and see! Maybe a little bit of help would have been nice. Glad you had your binocs and all!

Whatever.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    Well...

Mike, God Bless you, and I wish the best for you, sir.

I honestly do.

With all due respect, I am not able to really, fully, identify with your plight. I'm sure it is exquisitely difficult and painful beyond what most can comprehend. I pray for your survival.

Today, I drove to the grocery store. As I left I was blocked from leaving; every one was blocked. A Life-Flight helicopter was landing in the wheat field. A car had crossed blind side traffic and got T-boned. I thought about how fragile life is.

I drove back home and had to deal with a mad bull, just mad because there was another bull in an adjacent pasture. I thought to myself how many times I'd risked my life with these animals (mad, crazy, bulls are chief among these things).

We live, just for today sometimes...seems like I do that more often than I'd like to, but I'm sure you can identify with this.

Dad had 10,000 opportunities to die of cancer. But he had 1,000,000 opportunities to have the German Luftwaffe frag him from the sky over Europe in 1943...he died of old age.

God Bless you, my friend, but sometimes it seems like we only live for one day...never forever.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 18,654 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at the responses for many of the post I have lost track of mine and countless others who never get one reply I sometimes think I have pissed off or no one cares so what lots of post just get read
    I like your post and stories but just not sure how to reply with any useful feedback
    Not that it seems to matter to some
    Just keep posting do not take it personal
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    Look at the responses for many of the post I have lost track of mine and countless others who never get one reply I sometimes think I have pissed off or no one cares so what lots of post just get read
    I like your post and stories but just not sure how to reply with any useful feedback
    Not that it seems to matter to some
    Just keep posting do not take it personal

No matter, but thanks!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 62,759 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I just really piss people off here. Well, I don't have a Camaro, or a garage full

I can fix that if you wanna buy one. Can't do anything about the Elk. Never seen one up close and personal.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,820 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing to do with you,... as others have mentioned, this place is a shadow of its former self. A lot of folks have moved on for one reason or the other. Seems to be the way things go with forum boards in general.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    At a Long Ton in Eight Years! I did not realize that the commercial life of a Bull was so short.

I enjoy so much of what You post, FCD, and watch for them. I am in awe of Your Work ethic, and Your other knowledge. Much of what you post is outside of what I know, so I am unable to participate on an even basis.

There are many watching and reading, but much less post.
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FCD I have a good story for about a bull for you. I worked on some farms but mostly vegetables not animals.

Moved to Maine with wife. Next door neighbor had a field across the street he used to keep cattle in.

One day I was watching him in the field with a new small bull. He had a rope around the bull and was trying to lead him to another corral. Well the bull would not move.

So I though I could help him so went over and also grabbed the rope. Well just about then the bull decided to take off. The farmer let go of the rope, I did not and got a ride across the field on my belly eating grass. I finally let do and looked over at the farmer of course I was covered in grass and dirt. He was laughing so hard he could not talk.

Afterward he said remember one thing about bulls. They do what they want and the best you can do is make a suggestion to them and also remember to let go f the rope.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My feelers are all hurted, I love reading your stories and am jealous to the extreme in your, and some others, ability to put thoughts into writing. Your stories are fun.

Another way to look at it is what else can you do to waste enormous amounts of time before you die and get a few laugh's in while doing it.
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]Try a give away![:D]
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    You are a good guy, and you write well. I enjoy your stories. Don't take it personally. A lot of mine go off the cliff with very few or no comments. Just looked at the first couple pages here, and there are eight posts with no responses. Just keep doing what you do. I well know it gets discouraging at times, but I figure in the long run, what I write, I write for myself most of all.

Peace

Dan
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 21,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't post as much as I used to nor do I get on here as much as I used to.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 38,925
    edited November -1
    sounds like Jack deserves a good retirement instead of the axe....
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,537
    edited November -1
    "Some times it's best to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"!

I don't know much about Bulls, so I just read what you post.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FCD, dont feel bad about post count, i dont get much chance to come around the past few years cause life in general is making a big swirl and just keeping it from going down the tubes is full time

when i do get a chance to read a page or two, i usually always click when i see your monicer on the line

be glad you dont have my post record!
    most times if i get even a few replies it shocks, and many times if i chime in it ends up being the final comment...
    guess i just scare folks off or something
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes I read a post and really may not have anything to say but still enjoy the posts.

I guess in the future I should comment regardless :)
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Geez, get over yourself!
    Your last 2 posts were about fixing a trailer after a bearing died.
    OK then....
    What else could be said about that?
    It wasn't my trailer, I didn't blow Memorial Day fixing it, I don't even have any air tools.
    Even serf has a bad day now & then; relax, take a deep breath, focus, and post about those damn tourists that can't drive, or how many cows threw twins this year, or which cartridges are designed for rifles, but used in pistols.[:)]
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Despite the fact that this is a gun forum, or it used to be, we are all getting so old that the only conversation is connected to a pity party. Guess there is nothing wrong with that, but if you dont want to be a part of a pity party, you have to sort through the posts that you might connect with. Think if you want to keep your dobber up you have to connect with the positive issues rather than the negative ones.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member Posts: 59,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I love to read your posts FCD.[8D]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Security questions?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 20,757 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is the beginning of Summer....things slow down around here when the weather allows most of us more time outside. I spend 50 to 75% less time here when I can be off fishing, hiking, or finally getting some work done around the farm.... Keep posting, I enjoy reading your posts!! [:)]
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FCD,, heck I am the charter member of huh who posts. That's ok by me. I am getting busy for summer here or we could start our own club with westernhunter as being the most ignored on here.
    But I must say we have the most insight on a variety of questions. THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH HERE!!
    End of story.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 27,192
    edited November -1
    What? Don't we give you enough attention? We do love you around here.[:D]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it is the internet, you could post a recipe for Alchemy with picture of you sitting high atop a mountain of gold only to be called a liar and a thief, bill gates could come here and give away secrets to the ultimate windows, someone would have better experience and scoff at him

i enjoy reading your farm life threads, so much i often share them with my wife, i cannot relate to allot of it, i have never owned a cow/bull or calf nerveless enjoy the visual you bestow

let me ask you, have you ever completed one of the recipes i have posted ?, do you make your own bread from my tutorial i spent days compiling ?
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know you like dogs so here is a picture of 2 of mine in my 74 Power Wagon

DSC_6190e.jpg
    RLTW

• kenlguykenlguy Member Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know I don't post here a lot, But boy do I ever read just about everything you guys post up. many hours of enjoyment just trying to picture you guys and everything you talk about.

You all seem to know each other and sometimes I feel like I'm horning in on the conversation.

FCD, Do you have Dutch Belted cattle?
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have found that a person needs to have a good sense of humor and a very thick skin to cut the cake around here.

It has taken me a while to get to know most folks by their forum monikers and I will admit to being a little slow in the noodle with some.

Flying Clay Disk, for the longest time I got you mixed up with Locust Fork and thought you were a female![:D][:I]

Sorry for that but heck, just being honest.
    Nothing to do with your posts, just a problem with handles.

I'm still trying to figure out what planet our good friend Wally is from and when I find out invite him into The UPO Pilot's Society.

I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoy each and every one here and find versatility is not only the spice of life but leads to greater learning![8D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

let me ask you, have you ever completed one of the recipes i have posted ?, do you make your own bread from my tutorial i spent days compiling ?

Actually, I have. Several in fact, and they were excellent! Not the bread recipe though; bread making and I don't get along for some reason. I love bread, but even the bread making machine runs the other way when it sees me. My bread usually has a Rockwell hardness number and shows up on the periodic table of elements near the bottom. You don't 'slice' my bread, you 'work' it, as in...with a lathe. That's okay though because the wife is a Chef and her specialty was baking and breads.