In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mail Order Houses

GatoGordoGatoGordo Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Anyone have any strong opinions, pro or con, on any of the various mail-order houses (Gander, Cabela's, Sportsman's Guide, etc.)? Thanks.

Comments

• grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Really depends on what you are looking for.
  • cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just ordered some reloading supplies from Midway. Couldn't find them locally and prices on par with most everything on the net.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I order from Sportsman's Guide now and then, usually for items on sale.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Cabela's and others have Clothes MY SIZE I can go to every mall in town and cant buy a pair of pants my size or Jacket or dress shirt if I want them. I would rather pay more and get something that fits.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of Sears Catalog houses all over IL and Wisconsin.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only have one good gun shop within 45 minutes of me. When I can't find anything local I usually go to either Midway USA or Graf's. Midway will have sales on various items that will beat a lot of places, but their shipping is rather high. Graf's will only charge you $4.00 per order for shipping, but their selection and inventory is smaller that Midway's.

Before the big rush, Midway had outstanding customer service, but with the increased volume of orders, the service has slipped quite a bit. Graf's seems to have kept their good level of service through the hectic times. I would recommend either one of them.[:)]
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs

Being an old hillbilly, you might guess what I thought when I read this.

(only house I could think of that for sure, would have a Sears Catalog in it)

[:o)]

Allen
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by minitruck83

Being an old hillbilly, you might guess what I thought when I read this.

(only house I could think of that for sure, would have a Sears Catalog in it)

[:o)]

Allen

Allen, Me too!!![:D]
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always google coupon codes for whatever mail order house you order from. Generally you can find codes for discounts. [:D]
  • JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

There are some here as well. Used to deliver them by train.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cabellas has good customer service and when they have their big discounts you cant beat their selections.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.
    I only have one good gun shop within 45 minutes of me. When I can't find anything local I usually go to either Midway USA or Graf's. Midway will have sales on various items that will beat a lot of places, but their shipping is rather high. Graf's will only charge you $4.00 per order for shipping, but their selection and inventory is smaller that Midway's.

Before the big rush, Midway had outstanding customer service, but with the increased volume of orders, the service has slipped quite a bit. Graf's seems to have kept their good level of service through the hectic times. I would recommend either one of them.[:)]

Midway, always for me. Service has always been great. For the really hard stuff to find, Brownell's.
  • carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I frequent Widener's, Midway, Graf & Sons, Midsouth, Natchez, Powder Valley, and Brownell. I make monthly purchases from one or more and am satisfied with each of these.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had good luck with:
    www.lapolicegear.com for clothing and boots. They always have closeouts going.

Sportsmans Guide has always been good to me.
    Also www.copesdistributing.net for gun parts, magazines, parts kits, and ammo.

www.aimsurplus.com occasionally has some deals on ammo.
  • rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    Cabelas, is the best
    as far as I'm concerned.
    I've always been treated
    with respect, they've paid
    for shipping on items I've sent
    back and gave me new items and told
    me to keep the old ones, just great people
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been ordering from Midway almost from the first day they opened. Have never had a complaint.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    My most recent mail orders have been from Sportsman's Guide, Victoria's Secret, and LA Police Gear. I have been pleased with the products, service, and price from all three.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn, I'm surprised Victoria's Secret has your sizes.[:D]