In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

laid off today

rovrmanrovrman Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
I have worked for the same company for 25 yrs and got laid off today. We have 2 plants in the town and at the 1st of the year they are moving everything under 1 roof, so they said that anywhere from 10 to 20 salaried employees would get laid off due to downsizing and the reduction in sales. I worked in production till this past March when I took a job as the training coordinator. I thought that my job was pretty safe, as I have been very busy since I took this job training the people to run the machines. I was kind of surprised that I was not offered a position back on the production floor with the experience I have in running the machines, but they didn't, so now I find myself unemployed. I don't know what I am going to do. I think I'll have a hard time finding a job with my medical condition. I had back surgery about 5 yrs ago and still have trouble with it and can't stand for any length of time. It really sucked having to clean out my office and load my tool box today, more than I ever imagined. They did give me a decent severance package, but its nowhere near what we need to pay the bills. Well I'd better go tell the wife now, wish me luck.

Comments