In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any of you women ever get a knotted muscle...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
in your back that extended up over your shoulder into your chest, causing pain and making it difficult to breath deeply.?.? The reason I'm asking women is that when I get knotted muscles in my back, they extend up into my neck and shoulders...not across onto my chest. The wife has been having this pain since late last night. She has mitro-valve prolaspe (sp?) as well...not sure if it may be heart related.?.?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    Adjust the spring tension on your poof button.

I've been working on that...

I cannot find any tension spots in her back muscles...
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Think She should get checked. As pain from the heart could seem like it comes from the back when It is really just passing thru. From Back to front. or really just radiating out from the heart.
  • Options
    rob223rob223 Member Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Women sometimes have different pain than men when having heart problems. Not trying to scare you, but it would make sense for her to be seen. It also it charecteristic of aorta dissection, a tearing of the aorta. The pain is desribed as you had stated.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Mitral Valve Prolapse makes the Heart pump poorly! This might be a Heart Attack! Get her to Health care!

I am not now, nor have I ever been a Health Care Professional.

Women have Heart Attacks that don't follow the pain signals we know as Men. Best if someone in the profession evaluates her. Better safe than sorry!

Best of Luck.

GO!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have her seen by a dr, PRONTO..
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Move your * NOW!!! before you lose her.
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rosie
    Move your * NOW!!! before you lose her.

If you read this you are waiting too long, GO NOW!!!

Lance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it's probably muscle related. I was able to find some trigger points around her shoulder blade. I used some accupressure and now she has some Tiger Balm on it. We are going to see what this does before going in to the Dr.
  • Options
    jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A fool and his wife may soon be parted!
    Get to the DOC!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dont be such an Idiot . Get her to a doctor and quit guessing.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get pain in that region from muscle spasms, but they usually come from the neck region of the spine,.....not the lower back.

My mother has had mitral valve prolapse since she was in her 30's BTW.

If in question head to the ER of course.

I would be working her neck, and shoulder area if you wish to take this course.
    What I don't like is the shortness of breath.

As others have said, women 'present' differently than men do typically when having a heart related event.
    Personally, I would not take the chance.

Prayers asked for your wife Eric.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    You can get pain in that region from muscle spasms, but they usually come from the neck region of the spine,.....not the lower back.

My mother has had mitral valve prolapse since she was in her 30's BTW.

If in question head to the ER of course.

I would be working her neck, and shoulder area if you wish to take this course.
    What I don't like is the shortness of breath.

As others have said, women 'present' differently than men do typically when having a heart related event.
    Personally, I would not take the chance.

Prayers asked for your wife Eric.

All her pain seems to be radiating from around the shoulder blade and over her shoulder, onto her chest. She's not necessarily short of breath...just cannot take a deep breath. I think it's probably muscle related, as the trigger points caused severe pain when pressure was applied. She has a 3pm appt to get checked out, if it does not go away before then.
  • Options
    tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    1 of three things can cause in this region
    1. pinched nerves in the thoracic spine between t8and t9..the area between the shoulder blades..the pain will usually be sharp if you make a sudden move and radiate straight through the center of the chest, up towards the neck and down the front towards the sternum. it is uually caused by poor posture,lifting wrong,or repetitive arm motion whil in poor posture..the area the thoracic disk is slipped is characterized by tenderness along the spine 4cm out from the center in the area it is injured...a good chiropractor could help
    2anxiety/stress..[panic attacks] treated with xanax

3.pulmonary embolism...understand that this could be fatal...give her an aspirin and transport via ambulance...what is pulse rate..is she sweating, temperature of skin.blood pressure[V]
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have mitral valve prolapse and get the SAME pains. I also have atrial fibulation.

I'm pretty sure it's muscle related because I can do some seated rows and it feels better. I have the same trigger points too. I've found out that since I lift weights and keep blood flowing to those muscles, they don't give me any problems. I did go to the doc when I had the pains and they hooked me up to all the machines and didn't find anything wrong. That was before I was diagnosed with the prolapse and afib.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Docs think it's probably a muscle problem. BP and EKG were fine, o2 was good (so they didn't think it was a leaky lung; she had a collapsed lung when she was a teenager)...they offered to take an X-Ray, but said they doubted that she really needed to have one...so she passed on it.
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great news, Eric. Better safe than sorry.

Lance
  • Options
    dongilldongill Member Posts: 2,640
    edited November -1
    Eric, your wife should go to her heart doc.