In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ups Question...

xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
package was left at front door,(porch)orm-d ammo,i thought someone at the house over 21 needs to sign for this?

Comments

• Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    what, you mean a ups driver made a mistake? never heard of such a thing...

wait a minute, ive heard of drivers leaving guns with the neighbor because the person wasnt home.

nothign new here. you can complain and probably cost the guy his job or you can not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    what, you mean a ups driver made a mistake? never heard of such a thing...

wait a minute, ive heard of drivers leaving guns with the neighbor because the person wasnt home.

nothign new here. you can complain and probably cost the guy his job or you can not.
    just want to make sure my axx is covered...
  • Options
    hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    I have never had to sign for ammo[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hotshoot
    I have never had to sign for ammo[:D]
    k...thanks!!
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    2 years after filling a claim then after the stuff was found canceled the claim. I have to sign for every single thing that shows up here. Everything.[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Drivers fault left ammo in a ditch next to my gate(Gate was open never is closed). Snowed and covered it up.
  • Options
    mowenmowen Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    2 years after filling a claim then after the stuff was found canceled the claim. I have to sign for every single thing that shows up here. Everything.[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Drivers fault left ammo in a ditch next to my gate(Gate was open never is closed). Snowed and covered it up.
    Did it still shoot fine?
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    Unless the shipper requests adult signature required and pays the fee charged by UPS they will not require a signature. Then depending on the driver stuff will still be left on the steps. I once had a a handgun that the package was marked "Adult Signature Required" on all sides, top and bottom left on my steps. Supervisor told me that the drivers had the ability to sign for any package and leave it. Went around and around with UPS over that situation. Finally told the supervisor that the next time a package holding a firearm was left on my steps that I would call ATF and let them handle it since they were responsible for leaving it where a minor or felon could steal it. No problem since then with UPS.
  • Options
    hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by xxx97
    package was left at front door,(porch)orm-d ammo,i thought someone at the house over 21 needs to sign for this?

wait till they leave a 2000.00 rifle just laying there. Writen right on the box adult sign required.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I used to have an FFL I had a UPS driver leave 4 Colt Mustang .380's on the picnic table in my back yard.
  • Options
    OLDCOPOLDCOP Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have been shipping ammo for several months via UPS, always asking for the ORD-A labels to be brought. None has ever arrived for my use. Two drivers said, "just write ORD-A on the box." One driver failed to show last week for a pickup...they don't pick up for ground shipments on Sat, so they finally got it right on Monday. The information you get from the drivers usually is very different from the data given on the phone and again different from the ups store. Sounds like a government-run company. Is FEDEX any better?