In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Halloween today and it's a major holiday in S.A

droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Halloween gets bigger every year. About 5-6 PM kids ages 6 mo. to 60 show up in costumes in the central park and every town has a central park. Babies in strollers and pets included.

They walk around the park in costumes with their parents who are many times also in costume. Kids are carrying plastic pumpkins or other containers that will hopefully be filled with candy. People watching the parade hold bags of candy treats to award the halloweeners. I give more or less candy depending on the complexity of the costume.

No pictures yet for this year, this photo is 2016.

hall_two_kids01.jpg

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'd bet not one in 100 knows the origin and purpose of All Hallows Eve......now it seems to me it has evolved into a holiday to go around and get FREE stuff....seems fitting the migrant trains should now be at the border demanding FREEBIES ?????...democrat holiday ??? city employees and others used to load the park in the town square with scattered candy then in the afternoon all the kids would line up around the park rail and scramble to pick it up ..smaller kids would have parents along egging them on to get something while the older kids raced around grabbing handfulls ....maybe i am getting grumpy in my senior years
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When young I thought odd begging for candy and hoping for generosity of folks. At the same time ignorant of LSD dipped Sweet Tarts, "enhanced" fruits, cat turds substituted for chocolate candies. Also not getting kidnapped wandering about and I was a cutie with a sweet * [:D].

As for the reason of "All Hallows Eve" I learned from watching the tv show "Supernatural". Before "Supernatural laid it out I thought it was a day where adults hooked up with drunken sexy "insert profession here".
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I've always thought Halloween was dumb.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain