In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Iron Bowl..............

jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Alabama or Auburn

The-Iron-Bowl-now-has-its-very-own-theme-song-USA-Today-Sports.jpg

Comments

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a Mizzou fan so I' m rooting for Auburn
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by savage170
    I'm a Mizzou fan so I' m rooting for Auburn

I'd think the A&M Game would be your primary concern.

Bama by 1.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, that and the S. Carolina game.
  • Options
    trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
    edited November -1
    If Bama can force Auburn into throwing situations Bama will win.

but whatever it takes to keep ohio state out....The perfect scenerio would be Auburn beat Bama, Bama beat Mizzou in SEC title game and that jumps them back in front of a 2 year undefeated tOSU team to play for title again. Next scenerio would be for Bama to win out, then either the sexual assualtist at FSU gets suspended from play/foreits wins or FSU loses, tOSU jumps to 2nd and Bama beats them by 35+. 3rdly would be Bama loses and FSU beats tOSU by 35+
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    Bama. The winner represents the West.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here I thought this was about the toilet being able to take a punch after Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    Here I thought this was about the toilet being able to take a punch after Thanksgiving.

[:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't really care, as long as there are lots of pictures of Katherine Webb and her mother. I guessing Bama by 2 tds
  • Options
    realspeedrealspeed Member Posts: 6,335
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GreatGuns
    I haven't wasted my time watched NFL for several years due to all the limelight given to the thugs players for their off-field violations activities. Most look like gang members sporting their prison tats. From the image, now I have to ask if they have any white players? [:)]

and this is only college ball :)
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Roll Eagle [:I]
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Both coaches are white, so this must be racist [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great game so far.

I saw a Bama fan giving the finger for all to see. Real nice. i hope his BallPark Frank falls off.

I wish the team had give the little kid high 5 leaving the field. Anyone had reached up and touched him would have a fan for life!

I felt like both touchdowns were legit, no review required.

I think M exposed why Ohio is #3. NO defense.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pullin for Auburn as a Gamecock fan, then pulling for A&M. If Mizz loses we go to the SEC championship and if we beat Clemson even better. But it makes no difference if we beat Clemson or not, Mizz loses we go play winner of Auburn/Alabama
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    this is turning out to be a dang close game
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Go Auburn.

Unbelieveable finish.
    Way to go Auburn.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by realspeed
    this is turning out to be a dang close game
    Like I said, war tide [:D]
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lived up it's hype? You bet your sweet ... well you guys know the rest!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 109 yard missed field goal return with no time left?
    UNBELIEVABLE! INCREDIBLE!!!

Never seen a game like this before.
    I am a Georgia fan. All I can say is, angels are riding on Auburn's shoulders this year.

therefore;

GO WAR EAGLES!!!!

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You can't teach common sense. Absolute stupidity on Bama's part, and missed field goals were their plague for the day. They should have won by at least 2 TD's, easily, but their holier than thou attitude was their undoing when they tried to run it up the middle for a first down on 3rd and short and 4th and short. Auburn's offense was simply not enough to win the game, but their punting and the last run back of 109 yards coupled with one Bama mistake by another helped them win a giveaway by the Tide. Hat's off to Auburn.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have to admit, I have NEVER known a ball to be live on a missed field goal.

NEVER.

A missed field goal is end of game. Short or long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    it wasnt short cause it never hit the ground or went out of bounds, same as an interception
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hats off to the Barn. It really sucks to lose to them, especially since I have a graduate sitting on my bed cheering while she folds clothes.
    With your football acumen maybe you could get on staff somewhere, those guys make really good money.
  • Options
    bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bama just made too many mistakes along the way.

Luck is sure on Auburns' side this year for sure.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    You can't teach common sense. Absolute stupidity on Bama's part, and missed field goals were their plague for the day. They should have won by at least 2 TD's, easily, but their holier than thou attitude was their undoing when they tried to run it up the middle for a first down on 3rd and short and 4th and short. Auburn's offense was simply not enough to win the game, but their punting and the last run back of 109 yards coupled with one Bama mistake by another helped them win a giveaway by the Tide. Hat's off to Auburn.

You are the only one preaching.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What I meant to say was WAR EAGLE [:D]
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bamafan

bamafan I am sure that you cannot live with this shame. Go ahead and commit hari kari. You may use the long sword.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall

I'm sure Saban will put kimi on speed-dial.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

On the 3rd and short with the entire Auburn D in the box, and you attempt to run it up the middle when your are nursing a 7 point lead? That's stupid! And, then you attmept to do the same thing a second time? That's where the holier than thou attitude surfaces. In such obvious scenarios...no one needs a preacher other than rock heads.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    still waiting to see Kimi's trophy case.
  • Options
    bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

bamafan I am sure that you cannot live with this shame. Go ahead and commit hari kari. You may use the long sword.

It sure is a tough loss to swallow for sure. I'll ride em while they're high, & I'll ride with em while they're low just the same.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Charles Johnson

I'm sure Saban will put kimi on speed-dial.[:D]
    [:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs

It sure is a tough loss to swallow for sure. I'll ride em while they're high, & I'll ride with em while they're low just the same.

It was at that.
    What's next?
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would rather be lucky than good.....and Auburn has the "IT" factor this year.....I suffered through "Punt Bama Punt",so I will endure..this only last a year....[:o)] "Bama" got out coached....
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was rooting for Auburn for no other reason than to see Tide blowhards get their comeuppance. Turns out they are not entitled to championships by decree.

That had to be THE finish of the year. Holy Hannah!
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    that ending was out of a disney movie lol
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Two miracle wins! Angels in the end zone[:)]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to admit, I have NEVER known a ball to be live on a missed field goal.

NEVER.

A missed field goal is end of game. Short or long.

The ball is always live as long as it is in bounds. The same rules apply to a field goal as they do a punt, with one exception. If the kicking team downs the ball past the line of scrimmage, the ball will go back to the line of scrimmage for first down to the defense. If the defense/receiving team tries to return the kick, they will get the ball where they are tackled. This is why you rarely see someone pick up a blocked field goal if it is passed the line of scrimmage. There is always a scramble for the ball if it stays behind the line of scrimmage, because the kicking team can pick the ball up and try to gain yardage.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Was rooting for Auburn for no other reason than to see Tide blowhards get their comeuppance. Turns out they are not entitled to championships by decree.

That had to be THE finish of the year. Holy Hannah!

Auburn has the luck of thee Irish this year! Check out this video of a couple of weeks back: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1853449-auburn-miracle-win-over-georgia-represents-sec-football-2013-in-a-nutshell
    What's next?