In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Please read my reply!!

Comments

• 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I told you about Brownie Saving the life of a driver,
    He should have taken it a little easier, with the pins in his hip, and the way he had been feeling,
    He has been resting comfortably, he has been having alot of problems with his legs, the pain he is inwould drive me crazy.
    the pain in his back, legs, spinal arthritus, his knees, ankles, feet. He begged the va to cut his spine, he said it would be easier if he could not feel his legs. You really have to be in alot of pain to ask them to do that.
    edited November -1
    I received an email from you with no message...[?]

tom
    edited November -1
    Just wondering how you're doing. You had a rough bit there for a while; hope you're over it.
    edited November -1
    just got a call, its not good.
    He just cant recover, keep him
    in your prayers.
    He has been up and down for about 4
    months, blood clots after everything
    else. after retiring he never gets
    a chance to enjoy it.
    edited November -1
    i think everyone knows of his condition
    early this morning he was having a coughing attack
    i think he has the flu.
    because of the coughing, he couched himself into a
    back spasm, any coughing hurts like hell
    he is in the hospital, his dad called me.
    edited November -1
    Shoot me an email bud.. Keeps kicking it back at me. I have some car and driver magazines you can have, if'n you want them.
    edited November -1
    iv`e tried replying to your email 4 times, but it has been returned as undeliverable 4 times...i think there`s something wrong with your email address....[?][?]
    edited November -1
    Can you post a picture of your Truck for us since it's the 4th?
    edited November -1
    If i am not mistaking a doctor can only write a pain prescription for 5 days now. If you need more you have to go to the pain clinic.

Im 53 but i have been rained on, road hard and put up wet. I have been with my pain doctor for about 4 years. My family doctor told me she will keep writing me pain meds but that a pain doctor knows more about pain than her and might be able to help me more. My doctor is an internal medicine doctor. So she set me up an appointment.

My pain doctor knows i am in pain and i have passed all my drug test. Never asked for more pain meds because i lost them or they were stolen.

My doctor changes my pain meds about 2 times a year and when she put me own dilaudid i took them back and told her i do not like how they make me feel. I dont like a buzz feeling.

When i am at the pain clinic if i have to take a drug test i am in room 5 or 6. In them rooms i am by the nurses desk and i can here them talking on the phone. Everytime im in that room people call non stop asking for more pain meds. The nurses told me they have 1 person to just answer the phone for more drugs.

She told me that if i came to her today she would turn me down and not be my doctor. She told me that with the amount of paperwork that she has to do because of the amount of medicine i take is just to much.[V]

She knows i am hurting and telling the truth. They are pushing doctors to give less and less medicine.

She told me that i am taking twice the pain meds that are recommended.

I told her that with all the meds my pain is still a 4 to 6 every day.

Anytime the government gets involved it is never better.[V]
    edited November -1
    More bad luck.
    He had to take his daughter to school, on the way home,he stopped for breakfast to take home. He went down in the parking lot. When he goes down, its like a slow motion. he goes to his knees, he tries his best to stay there, but when the spasm is so strong he cant handle it, he will end up on his side or back. I can not even imagine the pain he is in. I have known him since 1973/74. He was always in sports, fishing, camping. He wanted to get into coaching little league, or senior league. He loves baseball, He played High school, some collage, he played some in Air Force while in England. three yrs ago on the 4th july he was listening to a Marlin baseball game, it seemed the catcher Mike Redmond had his catchers mitt stole. When he got home he pulled his old mitt out, wrote a letter and sent it to Mike. He got it back about 2 weeks later, mike wrote him a nice letter, thanking him for his gift, But the mitt was old, 46270 had used it when he played. 30 35 yrs old. He told 462 that he should hold on to it for his son. 462 only has one kid, and its a girl, she wont be playing baseball.
    When he is out if he see's someone that has a flat, hose, belt, gas, emergency, he will stop, if he can help me will. To see this guy who was always so active, now he cant even walk without help.
    please keep him in your thoughts. I will let you know when he gets out of the hospital. If I am not mistaken, they have or will move him to the navy hospital or the va hospital.
    edited November -1
    he told me to let everyone know, thanks for the prayers,
    to all who won his give aways, please be patient. its
    a rough time right now.
    edited November -1
    Brownie,

Just wondering how the situation with your daughter and wife is panning out.

I don't want to start another huge affair like the last thread on this topic.

Zulu
    edited November -1
    is coming home monday. cant tell you anymore than that.
    I dont know what all was done, be hard has hell to talk
    to anyone, good news it looks like his ex may be move back.
    dont know if thats good or bad.
    edited November -1
    Just stopping in to hear if anyone has heard anything about him.

Goodnight
    edited November -1
    Anyone heard from Brownie? He hasn't posted in 2 months.
    edited November -1
    Just wondering how you're feeling these days. Hope everything's going ok for you.
    edited November -1
    if you remember Brownie, has anyone heard from him.
    its not like him, no flag has posted since sunday.
    no answer on cell, or his dad.
    just doesnt feel right.
    edited November -1
    Has anybody heard from "Brownie" ? Its been a couple of months since the last time I heard anything from him and I hope he is OK.
    edited November -1
    he finally made it home.
    he is moving slow, but he always move slow now days.
    edited November -1
    Get your can opener?
    edited November -1
    Did you get a 20 round FAL mag in the mail?
    edited November -1
    You won the 49' Mercury. Last Call. Your GB email is busted, returned.
    edited November -1
    if anyone wishes his address to send a card.
    let me know, I will give you his address!
    edited November -1
    i got the knife today
    thanks
    edited November -1
    Brownie,
    When you were stationed at Mtn Home, was there an area that was designated for depleted uranium ordnance disposal or storage?

Reason I ask, is the "Kuwait Times" is reporting that several tons of depleted uranium ordnance that has been picked up in Kuwait, both on and off the bases in Kuwait has been transported to Mtn Home AFB for disposal/ storage. Curious.
    They report that shipping point is Arifjan

Mule
    edited November -1
    This is in regards to the other thread , If you don't believe me.

Beware Flood Damaged Used Cars For Sale
    If you're in the market for a used car, watch out for "Katrina cars" for sale anywhere in the country. Between 250,00 and 500,000 of them may resurface at a used car dealer in your hometown.
    Cars and trucks that went thru hurricanes or floods can still be restored to look great, even though the most important parts have been permanently damaged. Flood waters can damage engines, electrical systems, and more. They can also cause airbags and brakes to malfunction and make the vehicle dangerous to operate.
    Crooks find "Katrina cars" a great buy because they can be picked up for pennies on the dollar from insurance companies and others. Then a few cheap, quick repairs can make them look good again, even though water-logged vehicles will not last and will likely be forever plagued with problems that will require costly repairs, if they can be fixed at all.
    If you think you've been ripped off by a car dealer, call us at 1-888-331-6422 or email us today for help.
    You may not always be able to tell but there are some signs that a vehicle has been under water:
    Look for rust (or even mud) under the instrument panel and water stains under the floor mats
    Check for a moldy or musty odor in the trunk
    Watch out for older vehicles that have new carpeting or seats
    Carefully inspect wires, hinges, crevices and cracks for mud, grit or grime residue where it shouldn't exist
    Look for interior compartment screws that show signs of rust
    You can also check a car's history thru CarFax or Autocheck and see if a flood damaged title has been issued for that vehicle or if the vehicle was owned in a flood damaged state recently.
    But watch out because Louisiana, like many states, doesn't require a notice be put on the title when a car has been totaled because of flood damage. Even in those states where it is required, crooked car dealers can retitle the cars in another state of "wash" the flood notice right off the title record. Then they can resell the car and give the buyer a "clean" title with no hint of the prior flood ever having taken place.
    That's exactly why before you put down your hard-earned money, you should have an independent mechanic check out the used car you are about to buy. A small cost for a thorough used car inspection may save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
    If you think you've been ripped off by a car dealer, if you suspect your car was previously damaged and the seller didn't tell you about it, or outright lied about it, we can help.
    Call us at 1-888-331-6422 or email us today for
    edited November -1
    I have done all I can, he is taken his mother loss hard.
    If any know him give him a call. if you in his area
    drop by, take him out for a beer, he needs some help.
    I know because of his disability he cant get out, the way he wants.
    edited November -1
    Brownie did you get a copy of the Browning Buckmark manual if not shoot me a email and your address I have one I'll copy for you, Barbwired
    edited November -1
    I finally found him, I have not seen him, but he broke his hip in a fall. thats why everything was locked up. I will go see him this week.
    edited November -1
    Good to see ya posting again , hope your feeling better. Barbwired
    edited November -1
    I too love to fish. I got sick in 2010 and my best friend has been pushing me to get out of the house. We went fishing for about 5 hours and i hurt a little and i took a few pain pills and i was ok.

The next day i could not get out of bed.[:(] I was bedridden for 3 days.

I went again and only stayed about 3 hours and i did much better. I went fishing 2 times this year. Sometimes you do not want to pay the price of fun.
    edited November -1
    Just got back from the range this afternoon - my son who works at the range
    announced to all there (including about 10 cops) that he had a brand new AK-47
    ... still in the box! We were almost immediately surrounded by LEOs - since AK's
    are banned in California now.

Instead of a very public/embarrasing bust ... everybody got a good laugh out of
    it! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Just wanted you to know we got Max. milage out of your giveaway!

Thanks again!

Grinch_final_white.jpg
    edited November -1
    I guess he really needs our prayers.
    He collapsed at his home friday.
    I have not been able to find out
    if it was his back, or something else.
    I know because of his meds, he stays
    sick to his stomach, his blood sugar.
    could be the problom.
    I tried to call his dad, he lives in
    GA. But no answers.
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    they have her in a program she is suppose to complete
    before she leaves for school.
    she has most of her stuff out of here.
    mom is blaming me, I had enough, I told her why dont she
    go with her to school, that why she can wipe her backside.
    I dont guess I will be getting a christmas card.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When the wife sides with the kid against the husband when the kid is out of control it is a fast slippery, expensive, painful slope to the big "D".
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 46270
    they have her in a program she is suppose to complete
    before she leaves for school.
    she has most of her stuff out of here.
    mom is blaming me, I had enough, I told her why dont she
    go with her to school, that why she can wipe her backside.
    I dont guess I will be getting a christmas card.

Send me your address and I'll make sure you get one. [;)] Take care of yourself, bud.
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    thank god the girl is now 18. wont have to pay child support.
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best to you Brownie,its gotta be tough.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish you the best with this, Brownie.

Contact me through email, if I can be of any help....I mean it.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hdcolt51
    Best to you Brownie,its gotta be tough.
    +1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche