In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It was a dark and stormy night PICS

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,593 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
Big storms running through Mid MO tonight so I walked out in the yard dodging a few raindrops and got a few lightening PICS.....

IMG_8132_zpsiv5cheea.jpg[/URL]

IMG_8116%203_zpszc0wkvow.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    texaswildmantexaswildman Member Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    By gosh, that's just cool....
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really nice pictures!!!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Very nice. I really enjoy your pics!
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great job photographing those
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was watching it earlier. More lightning than I have seen in a long time![:)]
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The cold front is projected to come through our area of East Texas about 2-3 in the morning. Thankfully, the weather guessers are now downscaling their severe storm predictions.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ben Franklin would have taken pictures of his Kite Flying experiment if he had a Camera.

Just saying.[;)]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,017 ******
    edited November -1
    magnificent,,,,[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting. What is your strategy?

My brother lives in a hi rise down in town and during a storm sets his camera to just take a 10 second exposure (or whatever is working for that storm and light conditions ) pretty much continuously

The color balance in your second one is great. My brothers biggest problem is the white balance with all the different light sources in downtown Atlanta.

My dad, brother and I love storm pictures but they have a lot more opportunity for shots than I do. Spring break I have a great vantage point, but really don't want bad weather. LAst trip I didn't even get any really good sunsets.... The clouds looked promising and then something always seemed to block us from the west right at the critical time
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,593 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

My brother lives in a hi rise down in town and during a storm sets his camera to just take a 10 second exposure (or whatever is working for that storm and light conditions ) pretty much continuously

The color balance in your second one is great. My brothers biggest problem is the white balance with all the different light sources in downtown Atlanta.

My dad, brother and I love storm pictures but they have a lot more opportunity for shots than I do. Spring break I have a great vantage point, but really don't want bad weather. LAst trip I didn't even get any really good sunsets.... The clouds looked promising and then something always seemed to block us from the west right at the critical time

I tried something different tonight.....I set the camera (Canon T3i/55-250mm Canon lens) on auto/sports setting. I was able to push the button and when the lightening flashed, it would take the pic.....
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Great pics, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great photos!!
    Thanks again for sharing!
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great pictures
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

I tried something different tonight.....I set the camera (Canon T3i/55-250mm Canon lens) on auto/sports setting. I was able to push the button and when the lightening flashed, it would take the pic.....

Wow! To be able to see the lightning, point and focus the camera and then take the picture you must be fast as lightning... No, wait... You must be even faster than lightning! Don't get in a quickdraw contest with this fella!
    Cool pics.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great pics..Better looking at them here than in Eastern Jackson county where I live last night.
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice!
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    great pics....thanx
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    (like)
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those are some cool pictures. [;)][^]
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice work [^][^]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful camera work. Well done!
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great pictures!
    Ray
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    " It was a dark and stormy night ...". Reminds me of my first marriage! Sweet pics. That's a nice feature of your Cannon.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When we have bad weather now - especially at night - over night - in the dark I like to get bundles up and sit outside in the backyard right at the edge of the porch were the pad and overhead coverage ends...

It's about a half acre - fenced in and backs on to green acres national parkland...

The animals participate - especially the duck and the turtle...

The dog usually curls up on an Adirondack chair - I put a piece of tarp on him and he watches the others cavort...

The are usually pretty quiet - they seem to respect the night...

Sometimes I put some scrap wood in the firepit and let it burn...

Usually ends up with all of us sitting in a semicircle under cover watching the light show and feeling the thunder...

Sometimes Makaila will join us with a glass of wine and a massive oversized Russian surplus winter full length fur trim jacket...

The duck and turtle like the rain...

The dog likes the fire...

It's quiet time fore me - I try to escape thinking about Cancer and death for awhile...

Sometimes you see deer grouped together under a tight copse of trees right past the back border fence...

I keep a feeder and a few games cameras out there...

Sometimes you can capture the lynx and bobcat killing wild turkeys at night...

It's a brief moment of solace for me.

We are very close to were the Delaware River meets the rancoacas creek - never amico island...

Mike
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    Holy balls!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche