In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

easements

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Does anyone here have experience with easements? I'm wondering what document would need to be filed with the county to abandon an existing easement in favor of a new one traversing a different path.
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    talk to a title company
  • Options
    RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Call your county engineering department.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would require a "current" survey reflecting the easement. The legal description will or should be reflected on the survey. Take this down to the County along with your new proposed easement and they should guide you from there.
  • Options
    wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what kind of easement driveway right away can petittion court to close alley ways that not in use
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I've never seen an abandoned easement that didn't require a survey to describe, establish or correct.
    Title companies don't have any idea what you would be talking about; their $ comes from unsuspecting buyers seeking to avoid conflicts with their neighbors and mortgage companies. Title insurance is such a ripoff, I'm surprised some Lib didn't think of it.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    I've never seen an abandoned easement that didn't require a survey to describe, establish or correct.
    Title companies don't have any idea what you would be talking about; their $ comes from unsuspecting buyers seeking to avoid conflicts with their neighbors and mortgage companies. Title insurance is such a ripoff, I'm surprised some Lib didn't think of it.

the new easement is surveyed, the old one isn't.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain