In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Daughter's wedding Sunday & Moms in the hospital

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
I guess I forgot to knock on wood. I was just thinking how everything seemed to be falling into place. No drama of any kind and things were pretty stress free (really strange.)

Of course...that was too good to last. Monday I get the call that my aunt was calling an ambulance for my mom. She was pretty out of it and too weak to even get out of bed.

They said one of her lungs was only working 1/2 way, but all the tests are coming back fine. We still really don't know what is going on. I got to sit in the ER until 2am Monday.

When they finally moved mother from the ER to the ICU I decided it was time to leave. When I stood up this young adult male approached me to ask for a ride to some Chevron gas station in the ghetto (Ensley Alabama) and I was surprised how FAST the security guard was on it. This 6'9" man with a booming voice was there out of nowhere. I was really happy to see that and felt better about the hospital for that. (I was in the middle of saying NO to the guy anyway.)

I doubt my mother gets to go to the wedding. She is still in the ICU and looks pretty weak. Everything else is handled though.....its a "low key" event as far as weddings go. We are having about 60 people and a simple catered menu with friends helping set things up at a cabin we have rented. One of my friends went to a wedding last month that cost 1/2 a million dollars!!!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never spent much on any of my weddings, I saved the money for the divorce! Don
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope your mom recovers and has some peace and can enjoy more time...

The security at our lady of lords were Makaila works is top notch - they hire almost exclusively marines just out of service - and offer them an emt or nurse training course and scholarship money...

Plus there is a mini police substation in the er as well - though mostly cops near retirement of with disability issues and some rookies...

Well wishes for you mom and for the impending nuptials.

Your posting in the forum has been thin lately - and we can see why you are busy...

But we miss those posts and stories very much.

Mike
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for your Mom Kasey.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Praying for your mom's fast, full recovery.

And wishing you a a fun and uneventful wedding weekend.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Kasey, and God Bless your mom....
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When my sister got married back in 2001 I had to pick my mom up at the hospital just before the ceremony and drop her back off soon after the wedding.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to Coral and you and Larry. Hope Mom is doing better soon!
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get someone "ordained" and have a second ceremony at the hospital.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We did something similar for our wedding. We married in a little chapel at Alpine Mountain Village in Pigeon Forge, and had our reception at one of the cabins my family rented for the event. It was an intimate affair with about 15 family members.
  • Options
    Greco1Greco1 Member Posts: 11
    edited November -1
    My sons Wedding was April 29. His mother was in the late stages of ALS. She went into the Hospital on the Thursday before the Wedding. The day of the Wedding she had her mind set on attending but I had no idea how to make it happen. That morning the Doctors and Nurses got their heads toghether and sent me home for her Curlers, Makeup and her fancy Dress. The nurses did her hair and makeup got her fancy dress on her put her in a wheel chair and sent us off to the Wedding. She past away three days later. I am sure going to the Wedding was the only thing keeping her alive. We buried her in her fancy Dress.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Greco1
    My sons Wedding was April 29. His mother was in the late stages of ALS. She went into the Hospital on the Thursday before the Wedding. The day of the Wedding she had her mind set on attending but I had no idea how to make it happen. That morning the Doctors and Nurses got their heads toghether and sent me home for her Curlers, Makeup and her fancy Dress. The nurses did her hair and makeup got her fancy dress on her put her in a wheel chair and sent us off to the Wedding. She past away three days later. I am sure going to the Wedding was the only thing keeping her alive. We buried her in her fancy Dress.

That is so beautiful and so sad all at the same time. One of Larry's uncles had ALS. That is a terrible, wicked, thing to have and I'm sorry your and your family was hit with it. She sounds like a very strong, very determined person.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just got the call........

The lady doing the cake has broken her back.

I feel like things were just going too well and her injury was somewhat caused by the fact that no other craziness has happened.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Just got the call........

The lady doing the cake has broken her back.

I feel like things were just going too well and her injury was somewhat caused by the fact that no other craziness has happened.

Walmart has cakes. I am pretty sure there is not an official Crazy Wedding Quota you might be falling short of, so it was probably just a normal accident. [;)]

Everything will be fine. Just focus on the occasion and let the pesky issues sort themselves out.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lord have mercy. As long as the bride and groom show. It will be alright...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The lady doing the catering is going to do the cake. She has been great. I think the key to getting through things with as little hassle as possible is surrounding yourself with people that aren't the "fan the flames" type people. This caterer has been great. She is going early and helping set up the tables and getting the food ready. I'd be stressing out a lot more if it weren't for her.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bridezilla mom???

Or are you handling the stress well...

We want more stories.

Soon - details.

Mike
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    still doing the fishing theme?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    Prayers for your mom. How did I not know about your daughter's wedding? Congrats on that!! Hopefully you approve of the groom![:0]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    still doing the fishing theme?

No theme....I think that would have happened if it weren't going on in December. It will be nearly 70 degrees that day, so they could have gotten away with it if they had known!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Prayers for your mom. How did I not know about your daughter's wedding? Congrats on that!! Hopefully you approve of the groom![:0]

He is a sweetie. I like him a lot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075
    Bridezilla mom???

Or are you handling the stress well...

We want more stories.

Soon - details.

Mike

Will do! I'm hoping to slow back down to "normal" after Sunday and I'll be able to post a few tales.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

He is a sweetie. I like him a lot.
    Coral's guy?
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain