In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is Trump senile?

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
8 years ago: David Duke - bad.

Friday: David Duke - bad.

Sunday Morning: Who is David Duke? What is the KKK? How can I disavow someone or something unless I research and know what they/it are?

Sunday Afternoon: David Duke - bad.
Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, just an idiot. He keeps saying he is a great business man, but he inherited 200 million from his father, and has bankrupted numerous businesses.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No. But he's penile.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Donald is alot smarter than given credit for on this forum...he is the leading candidate for the Republican Presidential Nomination....show me some one better , and I will vote for them...[:o)]???
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Donald is alot smarter than given credit for on this forum...he is the leading candidate for the Republican Presidential Nomination....show me some one better , and I will vote for them...[:o)]???

Yep I'm at that point as well.
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    he's good enough to get all the media slinging babalooey at him hoping something sticks, and all the stuffed shirt power hungry politicians tinkling down their collective legs.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    No, just an idiot. He keeps saying he is a great business man, but he inherited 200 million from his father, and has bankrupted numerous businesses.

Idiot NOT. Just a smart business man. Bankruptcy is not all it is cracked up to be. Actually your credit is better afterwards. Folks will loan you money. Tax purposes, who knows but he has lots of financial experts who advise.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Ted Cruz... the only one who will protect 2A as demonstrated by his record.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have no power to decide who our party's candidate will be.

The only things I am sure of:
    1. The Carpetbagger is BAD.
    2. The Bolshevik is BAD.
    I will vote for anyone who is running against either of them.

Now, I may as well sit back & relax.

Neal
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the simple FACT that both the repub and democraps are combining forces to try to drown him in a sea of anything should alert the brain dead voters that he is NOT the same ol S--T we have been fed for election forever.. first real chance at a change
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Ted can't win!....nobody but Trump can win...he can out Satan Hildabeast!
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are 536 Billionaires in the United States. The population can vary but last year the population was: 321,368,864 people.

321,368,864 / 536 = 880462.6410958904 so let call it 888,463 people for ever billionaire.

Lets say you are Bill Gates,, No. 1 with a net worth of 77.5 Billion but who knows for sure,, Bill Gates would then be ONE out of 321,368,864 people.

At a minimum Trump is one out of almost ONE MILLION PEOPLE. My opinion is he is worth more than ONE BILLION so he is ONE OUT OF A MILLION.

Plus, Trump did NOT inherit 200,000 million dollars. Not even close.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire

Idiot NOT. Just a smart business man. Bankruptcy is not all it is cracked up to be. Actually your credit is better afterwards. Folks will loan you money. Tax purposes, who knows but he has lots of financial experts who advise.

If one is only concerned about ones self, you are correct.

Trump has declared bankruptcy 4 time over the past two decades. This is more than any other company of his size or bigger in the country. In each bankruptcy he was forced to relinquish control of the collateral asset in sweetheart deals with his major creditors (banks) leaving the small creditors - suppliers of goods and services - eating the losses generated by his irresponsibility.

A man of the people? Yeah. Right.

When Trump has a problem, he passes it to the most vulnerable and least powerful people. His punk personality extends strongly into his business dealings.

But this is not what this thread is about.

What bizarre political calculation resulted in the obfuscation Sunday morning. Either he truly forgot who David Duke is and what the KKK is, or he was angling so as not to offend KKK members that may support him on Super Tuesday.

Either a senile old coot, or a morally void conniving politician.

Which is it?

Is there another explanation?

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    Ted can't win!....nobody but Trump can win...he can out Satan Hildabeast!
    Trump can't win! Trump is the only GOP that can't beat Hildabeast. Get that yet?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Obviously, there's still a lot of love for the Establishment Government here.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the fact the trump has not diavowed duke whom he has not acknowledged in the first place is lost on most
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not settled on any candidate yet, but I sure find it interesting how much the establishment republicans ,(you all know, the same old, same old bunch), are mounting such a campaign against their own frontrunner. I also have very hard time with the fact the other two have abandoned their present elected job and constituents and still expect to get that pay. Anyone else have any solutions?
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RNC dirty tricks are so lame.
  • JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Making the business case for bankruptcy is one thing; it may be the "smart" move.

But if the point is that he's such a great businessman, then why did any of his companies have to file for bankruptcy in the first place?

If he's so great, why couldn't he, with his business acumen, make sure that the business was always pointed in the right direction, never made a bad move, so that bankruptcy wasn't even on the radar?

Remember, government isn't a business. It's not there to make money, and it's not like you can bankrupt a government and then things are OK.

When a person or company files for bankruptcy, well, too bad for the finance company, too bad for the bank. But a personal or business bankruptcy usually harms the entities that have made the gamble on the loss, and are in a position to cover the loss.

When a government files for bankruptcy, the big losers are the people, people who lose pensions, medical care, etc. We've been through that in Detroit, and it wasn't good.

And now, our governor (Rick Snyder), who wants to run government like a business, has spreadsheeted the city of Flint into a catastrophe. The long story short is that he handled the situation like a businessman, i.e., dollars and cents, and handled the aftermath like a businessman. Things are definitely bad.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire

If one is only concerned about ones self, you are correct.

Trump has declared bankruptcy 4 time over the past two decades. This is more than any other company of his size or bigger in the country. In each bankruptcy he was forced to relinquish control of the collateral asset in sweetheart deals with his major creditors (banks) leaving the small creditors - suppliers of goods and services - eating the losses generated by his irresponsibility.

A man of the people? Yeah. Right.

When Trump has a problem, he passes it to the most vulnerable and least powerful people. His punk personality extends strongly into his business dealings.

But this is not what this thread is about.

What bizarre political calculation resulted in the obfuscation Sunday morning. Either he truly forgot who David Duke is and what the KKK is, or he was angling so as not to offend KKK members that may support him on Super Tuesday.

Either a senile old coot, or a morally void conniving politician.

Which is it?

Is there another explanation?

Trump made this statement:

Hundreds of companies" have filed for bankruptcy, Trump said earlier in the debate. "I used the law four times and made a tremendous thing. I'm in business. I did a very good job."

Trump's four bankruptcies were Chapter 11 reorganizations (named for its location in federal bankruptcy code), which are designed to restructure businesses without shutting them down completely. The purpose is to "save" the business, as opposed to other forms of bankruptcy which would liquidate the company, said Michael Venditto, a partner at the ReedSmith law firm who has extensive experience with Chapter 11.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/21/carly-fiorina/trumps-four-bankruptcies/

Humm,, Enron was a "Thousands out of work because of CROOKED DEALINGS" and Trump pulled his out, saving many jobs.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid

How like Trump himself.

Care to take a stab as to why your boy responded the way he did?

I would really like to hear a principled explanation.

Brad Steele
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will take Trump over the one in the WH anyday
    edited November -1

How like Trump himself.

I myself wondered about that. He has "disavowed" Duke at least once prior to making this statement? Trump "sick" of hearing about this? gets him more TV coverage, let's Duke supporters surmise his actual intentions,, or senile or ??? this was very strange.
  • SturmgewehrSturmgewehr Member Posts: 4,420
    edited November -1
    Not a trump man but I will vote for him... The supreme court is riding on this one.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1

How like Trump himself.

Ill take a stab at it. I'd guess that he responded like that because he wanted more confusion and questions about it. He wanted to play with the media some more. He doesn't care if he gets negative or positive attention, as long as it's attention. He drug it out over the entire weekend. I personally hate the tactics, it gets old. Doesn't it work? I guess we'll see.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1

The fact that he is the best we can come up with gives me a lot of concern.........
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop

Hundreds of companies" have filed for bankruptcy, Trump said earlier in the debate. "I used the law four times and made a tremendous thing. I'm in business. I did a very good job."

Trump's four bankruptcies were Chapter 11 reorganizations (named for its location in federal bankruptcy code), which are designed to restructure businesses without shutting them down completely. The purpose is to "save" the business, as opposed to other forms of bankruptcy which would liquidate the company, said Michael Venditto, a partner at the ReedSmith law firm who has extensive experience with Chapter 11.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/21/carly-fiorina/trumps-four-bankruptcies/

Humm,, Enron was a "Thousands out of work because of CROOKED DEALINGS" and Trump pulled his out, saving many jobs.

Around 1 in 5 businesses the size of Trump's declared bankruptcy over the 20 years in which Trump declared 4 times. While it may be true that 100s of companies have done so, he has done it at 20 times the rate of those companies to which he compares himself. How many CEO's of a publically held company would still have a job after that record?

I'll make it easy for you: None.

Also, it is just a little disingenuous to suggest that filing Chapter 11 was good business, as it ignores the irresponsible speculation that put his company in a position where it could not service its debts.

How many private citizens would be judged to have done something positive after welching on their debts 4 times in 20 years.

Again: None.

Irresponsible actions led to the insolvency of the company these four times. Smaller businesses were screwed with the filing as those debts were erased or pro-rated (as occurs in every bankruptcy) while Trump and the major bank lenders transferred ownership in the restructuring.

Has 'this man of the people' ever gone back to make these smaller companies or individuals whole? I would think if he had, we would have heard about it. Apparently living a lavish, bigger than life lifestyle is more important than those you screwed along the way.

Bankruptcy is often the last best choice for a company. It does not excuse the irresponsible behavior that usually causes it. It most certainly does not excuse this irresponsibility 4 times.

But, back to the original subject.

The lying sack of crap is now blaming a bad earpiece for his David Duke statement. Evidently he heard something that wasn't said.

Believe that, and I have a Tower in Manhattan for sale. Just don't do a title search before buying.

Brad Steele
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

And his politics, where there are of them, are too the left of Clinton. He has only recently discovered he is a conservative republican, but is neither.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fideau
    No. But he's penile.

Marco did point out how small his hands are.....
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    the simple FACT that both the repub and democraps are combining forces to try to drown him in a sea of anything should alert the brain dead voters that he is NOT the same ol S--T we have been fed for election forever.. first real chance at a change

You are fooling yourself. He supports the same things as the establishment of both parties. He intends to grow government, grow taxes and grow government healthcare. Which means less and less freedom for the common man. He has said it over and over again and yet his supporters refuse to hear it.
    edited November -1

Around 1 in 5 business' the size of Trump's declared bankruptcy over the 20 years in which Trump declared 4 times. While it may be true that 100s of companies have done so, he has done it at 20 times the rate of those companies to which he compares himself. How many CEO's of a publically held company would still have a job after that record?

Cut some items out. saves pixels

Trump does NOT have one business. My relative "quick research" indicates Trump has NEVER filed personal bankruptcy.

Quote:
    The company serves as the principal holding company for Trump's business ventures and investments. The Trump organization lists involvement in 515 subsidiaries and entities with 264 of them bearing Trump's name and another 54 including his initials.[9][10][11][12][13] With investments within the United States, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and other parts of the world, The Trump Organization spans a wide variety of industries including real estate, construction, hospitality, entertainment, book and magazine publishing, media, model management, retail, financial services, board game development, food and beverages, business education, online travel, airlines, helicopter air services and beauty pageants.[9][14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trump_Organization

Major Bankruptcy:

Bankruptcy 1: The Trump Taj Mahal, 1991

The first bankruptcy associated with Trump was perhaps the most significant in terms of his personal finances, according to news reports at the time. He funded the construction of the $1 billion Trump Taj Mahal casino in Atlantic City, which opened in 1990. By 1991, the casino was nearly $3 billion in debt, while Trump had racked up nearly $900 million in personal liabilities, so the business decided to file for Chapter 11 reorganization, according to the New York Times. As a result, Trump gave up half his personal stake in the casino and sold his yacht and airline, according to the Washington Post.

This was the major bankruptcy, cost him a lot of money but THAT's business.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now he's quoting Mussolini [xx(]
    This guy will be a tyrant no doubt about it.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41

Could he possibly be worse than the one we have now? Is Hillary a favorable alternative?
    edited November -1

Donald "re tweeted" quote:
    It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.

WoW that is HORRIBLE: The sheeples will be out in masses.
    sheeple.JPG
  • ScottymacScottymac Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cruz -Wacko far right nut case who thinks he is the second coming.

edited November -1

Around 1 in 5 businesses the size of Trump's declared bankruptcy over the 20 years in which Trump declared 4 times. While it may be true that 100s of companies have done so, he has done it at 20 times the rate of those companies to which he compares himself. How many CEO's of a publically held company would still have a job after that record?

Also, it is just a little disingenuous to suggest that filing Chapter 11 was good business, as it ignores the irresponsible speculation that put his company in a position where it could not service its debts.

How many private citizens would be judged to have done something positive after welching on their debts 4 times in 20 years.

Again: None.

Irresponsible actions led to the insolvency of the company these four times. Smaller businesses were screwed with the filing as those debts were erased or pro-rated (as occurs in every bankruptcy) while Trump and the major bank lenders transferred ownership in the restructuring.

Has 'this man of the people' ever gone back to make these smaller companies or individuals whole? I would think if he had, we would have heard about it. Apparently living a lavish, bigger than life lifestyle is more important than those you screwed along the way.

Bankruptcy is often the last best choice for a company. It does not excuse the irresponsible behavior that usually causes it. It most certainly does not excuse this irresponsibility 4 times.

But, back to the original subject.

The lying sack of crap is now blaming a bad earpiece for his David Duke statement. Evidently he heard something that wasn't said.

Believe that, and I have a Tower in Manhattan for sale. Just don't do a title search before buying.

You gotta admit that he is good at what he does!....He has all but sunk your candidates...Trump is making "Chicken Salad " out of Chicken S&&T.....There is no home for the Libertarians in Trumpville!
    edited November -1

Around 1 in 5 business' the size of Trump's declared bankruptcy over the 20 years in which Trump declared 4 times. While it may be true that 100s of companies have done so, he has done it at 20 times the rate of those companies to which he compares himself. How many CEO's of a publically held company would still have a job after that record?

Cut some items out. saves pixels

Trump does NOT have one business. My relative "quick research" indicates Trump has NEVER filed personal bankruptcy.

Quote:
    The company serves as the principal holding company for Trump's business ventures and investments. The Trump organization lists involvement in 515 subsidiaries and entities with 264 of them bearing Trump's name and another 54 including his initials.[9][10][11][12][13] With investments within the United States, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and other parts of the world, The Trump Organization spans a wide variety of industries including real estate, construction, hospitality, entertainment, book and magazine publishing, media, model management, retail, financial services, board game development, food and beverages, business education, online travel, airlines, helicopter air services and beauty pageants.[9][14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trump_Organization

Major Bankruptcy:

Bankruptcy 1: The Trump Taj Mahal, 1991

The first bankruptcy associated with Trump was perhaps the most significant in terms of his personal finances, according to news reports at the time. He funded the construction of the $1 billion Trump Taj Mahal casino in Atlantic City, which opened in 1990. By 1991, the casino was nearly $3 billion in debt, while Trump had racked up nearly $900 million in personal liabilities, so the business decided to file for Chapter 11 reorganization, according to the New York Times. As a result, Trump gave up half his personal stake in the casino and sold his yacht and airline, according to the Washington Post.

This was the major bankruptcy, cost him a lot of money but THAT's business.

He can't have it both ways. If he does not take personal responsibility for the bankruptcies, he can't take personal credit creating his 'amazing' company. You will not he refers to it as a company.

Secondly, the fact that he was on the hook for the first one and then figured out how to transfer the loss to others for the following three only shows that he deliberately configured things so that a future speculative irresponsibility would be to someone else's account.

There is nothing positive here, and for him to insist it was just business remains yet another lie. For the life of me I cannot understand how people can keep making excuses for him.

Brad Steele
    edited November -1
    +1
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    I hope Donald can keep the railroads running....he will need them deporting all the illegals....How many payrolls has Cruz made?...no use to ask that qustion to Rubio , he is still trying to find the Capitol Building....Jeff Sessions is in Trumps corner...Alabama rises to the task!...Make America Great Again![;)]
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115

Could he possibly be worse than the one we have now? Is Hillary a favorable alternative?

Could he be..of course. He has an ego as big or bigger than Obama. I find him to be a petulant spoiled brat who will do anything if he doesn't get his way. What good is trading the tyrant we have now for one just because he has a R behind his name. Since when has Trump been honest about his 2A stance. I still don't see the Trump supporters here saying one word about how he supported gun bans and now he is the beacon of light for gun owners 2A rights. Hillary's a tyrant who would loose against a real conservative.
  • AmishAmish Member Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SuperTuesday KKK smear.

Disregarded.