In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I am downsizing....

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
From this...

SAM_2479.jpg

to a TACO!!

Tacmoa2.jpg

Tacoma3.jpg

Tacoma1.jpg
and its gonna fit in the garage!!!

Don't have it yet, its sitting at a Dealership 3 hours away..hope it will be here by Tuesday. I hope the Dodge doesn't throw any codes between now and then!!!

Comments

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fine Japanese/Messican/Texan craftsmanship right there!
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't need the larger truck for towing then the smaller truck makes sense. SF will think you didn't do the right thing.
    edited November -1
    I only put 4500 miles on that Dodge in a 1.5 years...I think that's part of the issue with mechanical stuff, I just wasn't driving that diesel enough.

This Taco will do much better in the snow, especially where I live. Plus its got some great "off road" features including a locking rear differential, something you don't find in many 4wd anymore...this and the Rubicon are the only two (in this type price range) I can think of that come with a factory e-locker.
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the smaller midsize trucks better than fullsize myself. For what I tow and how far I tow they function flawlessly.

My brother has a full-size dodge that hasn't been the best truck, biggest problem was transmission, but has alot of electrical bugs.

All the Tacoma's I know of have been bullet-proof.
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent choice! Now you won't need this ...

girliemen-1.gif

[:p][}:)][^]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I upsized. Had Toyo's since '79. Current is '98 Tacoma ext. cab with 217,000 mi on it. Just bought a '12 Pathfinder. Lot easier ride on my bad back, and easier to get in and out of. Of course I'm giving up gas mileage, but we don't put but about 5000 miles a year on one now anyway. The Pathfinder has towing package and can pull more than the Toyo when I need it.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good looking truck.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am happy for you, and I have a Tundra myself, but I gotta say I cannot imagine why anyone at Toyota though putting TRD on the side of their product was a good idea. My eye always fills in the missing letter.

Needless to say, my Tundra does not have the TRD package.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    I am happy for you, and I have a Tundra myself, but I gotta say I cannot imagine why anyone at Toyota though putting TRD on the side of their product was a good idea. My eye always fills in the missing letter.

Needless to say, my Tundra does not have the TRD package.

Yeah that may come off I haven't decided yet.
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Loved my 01 Tacoma but had to go up to a Tundra 'cause my Great Dane outgrew thr Tacoma & we adopted the Blue Heeler.
    Nice truck, by the way.
    [^]barto[^]
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you are going to miss having 4 real doors. The extended cabs are a little tight, especially if you need to take 3 adults with you.

So now that you are getting rid of it what was the mpg on the Dodge?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    I think you are going to miss having 4 real doors. The extended cabs are a little tight, especially if you need to take 3 adults with you.

I doubt it will be an issue. My wife has a Subaru outback and we use that for trips and if the occasion came up to transport other adults we'd take her car. We don't have kids, just dogs so it should work out fine.

This Dodge was a diesel pig...terrible motor IMO compared to the 5.9..12 around town, 14 on the highway. My 06 5.9 got 23 on the highway with 35" tires and a300 lb steel front bumper.

I'll still have the Dodge for bit before my new truck gets here.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FEENIX
    Excellent choice! Now you won't need this ...

girliemen-1.gif

[:p][}:)][^]
    LOL. Ed has you straightened here,so I'll just say great looking new truck. Congrats. [:D][8D][^]
    edited November -1
    Thank you...that's not actually the truck..I thought that was the truck but that one sold yesterday in Richmond, so the one I ordered is coming from WV
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now you can tow a space shuttle if you need to. [:D]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by drobs

I doubt it will be an issue. My wife has a Subaru outback and we use that for trips and if the occasion came up to transport other adults we'd take her car. We don't have kids, just dogs so it should work out fine.

This Dodge was a diesel pig...terrible motor IMO compared to the 5.9..12 around town, 14 on the highway. My 06 5.9 got 23 on the highway with 35" tires and a300 lb steel front bumper.

I'll still have the Dodge for bit before my new truck gets here.

I have a king cab nissan now and would like to take friends and family off road, can't do it in the extended cab.

Have been considering a diesel. I get 15/19 now with 87 octane
    - which is a helluva lot cheaper than diesel. Think I'll keep what I have an add an older diesel to the fold.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PM me if you need something towed. BTW..most them codes off the Dodge were probably emission related. That can be cured easily.
    edited November -1
    I haven't had any occasion to tow anything. I think I only towed a trailer once with my other diesel. I had a diesel to have one, not because I needed one for anything. I think I will be ok, but appreciate the offer. [;)]

This Tacoma will do far better in the snow especially where I live..that diesel was too heavy, and got bogged down on our hill in bad weather..this Tacoma will zip right up the road
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most all new makes diesels are PIA with their emmissions. I have noticed that the pre 08 diesel trucks are bringing a premium on the used market. I wouldn't even think of buying a new one.
  • sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    Good looking truck.

Totally Agree - Mark
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sigarmsp226
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    Good looking truck.

Totally Agree - Mark

Thanks Fellas!!! I am going to be getting more anxious waiting for it to get here!!! This is worse than waiting on that GB gun to ship!!
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paid off my '06 DODGE 2500 5.9 Cummins two months ago... It feels good!

While I traded the '93 Explorer in for the '02 Ranger... The DODGE ain't goin' no where. [:D]
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have an '85 Toyota PU... 22R Manual... Great little pick up...

Or at least it was 'till some jerk wad torched it one night a few years back.

I plan to take the engine/transmission out and put 'em in one with a blown engine.
    Problem is... That engine is so tough... I haven't found one with a blown engine yet... [B)]

Enjoy your Taco... I'm sure you'll like it. [;)]
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Nope Mechanical Issue Was Caused By Being A Dodge... been there Done that wasted My Time and Money ,,, But it was Always Clean They Washed it Every Week When it was Repaired....[:0]quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I only put 4500 miles on that Dodge in a 1.5 years...I think that's part of the issue with mechanical stuff, I just wasn't driving that diesel enough.

This Taco will do much better in the snow, especially where I live. Plus its got some great "off road" features including a locking rear differential, something you don't find in many 4wd anymore...this and the Rubicon are the only two (in this type price range) I can think of that come with a factory e-locker.
    edited November -1
    I am getting excited..the anticipation is building!
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I like. Wish that Taco would work for me.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    I'm supposed to pick up my new truck today!!! Just waiting on the salesman to call and tell me its ready!!! Oh the anticipation!
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I'm supposed to pick up my new truck today!!! Just waiting on the salesman to call and tell me its ready!!! Oh the anticipation!
    [:)]
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain