In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kids got great Jobs

hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Youngest son just got a real Job. After 5 years of College and fantastic grades. And he has been working full time while going to school (fast food).

He's been looking since Graduating in Mid 2017 in Ohio, Hard to find a job in his field with out experience. Was offered a position as a Mechanical Engineer with a plant that makes sub assemblies for Toyota, south of Bowling Green KY.
An entry level position but that what he wants to move on up.
Pay is $50,000. a year, now he needs to find a place to live closer (about 40 miles from us in Glasgow KY) and start paying student loans.
He manages his money pretty well.

Oldest Has been working on his Masters Degree for 8 years (with some time off for work. He moved up from Office manger at a School to Area School Counselor for 5 schools in New Albany In (finished his Masters during summer). Not so good with Money

Proud of my kids.
Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron

Comments

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awesome!

I'm always so glad to see good news posted.....this is wonderful news. It makes me feel good to know there are wonderful young people making steps in the right direction.

I'm so proud for you guys!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    great...my grankid has been applying for a doctor of physical therapy slot at several colleges ..4.0 thru high school...3.75 at college ...but..there are many more applicants than slots got another application coming up in Feb.....good luck... last was a smaller college in NE Kansas..had 97 applicants show up for 42 slots...in the middle of a large ice storm and snow ....disappointed as he was first in the door after 150 mile trip
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Nice! The world needs good mechanical engineers!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain