In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TV info

jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
I'm in the act of cutting off the Direct TV. Is it possible to put 2 antennas on one TV?

Comments

• gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You do need two antennas. One for UHF & one for VHF. Of course they usually come connected. I could also see a value in having two or more separate antennas if the signals come from different directions. You would of course have to have a way to connect & disconnect them & it would be easier to have a rotator on just one antenna.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cut TV completely out of my life 20 years ago, and I haven't looked back since. And by the way I do more fun things in a month than most people do in a year with all the spare time I found cutting TV out of my life[^][^][^]
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    I cut TV completely out of my life 20 years ago, and I haven't looked back since. And by the way I do more fun things in a month than most people do in a year with all the spare time I found cutting TV out of my life[^][^][^]

Just think of all the more fun things you could do if you cut out your internet too.
  • rob223rob223 Member Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't believe how many commercials are on now days. You get a little bit of programs with tons of repetitive commercials. And the seem to compete with stupid. I would fire most of the staff making the recent commercials.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...agreed..and one of the most irritating is american home insurance?? where a young condescending black personian female is telling an older white working man, NO, your common home problem is NOT covered but we do cover zombie apocalypse and other stupid chit.....offensive ad...
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speaking of commercials. You get them on some pay networks as well...
    TV sucks.
    "What is truth?'
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just looked at the Blue Mtn. Translator District site and it looks like your signal comes to the Baker area from Beaver Mtn., about 170 degrees SSE by compass. I think it'd be a stretch to try and pick up signals from Mt. Harris or Mt. Fanny to your North. I'd think you should be able to get by with a single antenna.
  • beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great website for "cord cutters"
    Antenna Web
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Here you go :

https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=686925

Try the 'coat hanger antenna ' , really amazing !!!

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    there are several that really bug me. The exact same ad running as many as five times in one hour for weeks on end. They almost always have a number to call so I call & keep giving them a hard time or sometimes I don't say anything until they finally hang up. It does help to record the shows so I can zip through them.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    there are several that really bug me. The exact same ad running as many as five times in one hour for weeks on end. They almost always have a number to call so I call & keep giving them a hard time or sometimes I don't say anything until they finally hang up. It does help to record the shows so I can zip through them.
    You can record OTA broadcasts with one of these. I do.

https://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-Homeworx-HW180STB-Converter-Recording/dp/B00IYETYX8/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1517343940&sr=1-11&keywords=DVR
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain