In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Try This Dessert

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
May be the Best Dessert You will ever eat.[:p][:p]

********************************************************************************************

Subject: Heath Bar Cake Recipe

Ingredients: One box of German Chocolate Cake Mix, One can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, One jar of Caramel Ice Cream Topping, One 11oz. container Cool Whip( Thawed), Six Heath Bars ( Crushed)

Prep : Make cake according to directions & bake in a 9x13 pan, cool in pan.
With a wooden spoon handle poke" many" holes in the cooled cake. Pour one can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk over the cake & allow to sink in.
Pour one jar of the Caramel Ice Cream Topping over the cake & allow to sit overnight in the fridge.
In the AM sprinkle 3 crushed Heath Bars over the top. Spread one 11 oz. Cool Whip over the Cake & top with remaining 3 crusherd Heath Bars. Refrigerate any leftovers.

Comments

• 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok i know how it feels to post a recipe here wanting to share with others, {and even more so because i am a certified chef and everyone is always better expert}

but thanks for sharing, this is very good, you had me at sweetened condensed milk because i love the stuff, i use it in my pumpkin pie recipes and can eat it straight, not big on whip cream, but i believe in listening at least the first time before making changes, but i did buy a bag of bite size heath bars because it was 2 bucks cheaper for 25% more , froze them then crushed them

kuddos to you, i think i will always add the milk to every cake i ever make from now one
  • lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have that same recipe, it's called "Better Than Sex Cake" though.
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Okay, dummy time, here.

"health bar" is too generic..isn't it?

Or do I look for something called 'health bar'???

Thanks, Joe
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    Okay, dummy time, here.

Thanks, Joe

Joe - It's HEATH bar, not health bar.

heath_bag.jpg
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, that sounds good ..... I can almost feel my arteries clogging up already.. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    Okay, dummy time, here.

Thanks, Joe

At least you got that right, get some glasses.