In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How long does a roll...

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Of toilet paper lastin' in your house? I'm down to my last one today and got me thinking. I'll pick up a pack and I'll date it and follow that pack.

Comments

• woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be sure to use both sides
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you mean a sears catalog, right?

What do you mean a roll? do you roll it little balls?

Those who write on chit house walls
    roll there chit in littls balls

those who read there words of wit
    eat those balls of chit.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Women make bogwad disappear much faster than men do, especially around the Holidays.
    Probably just a holdover from when they were teens....
  • ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    I tried going to corn cobs, but the toilet plugged up.[:(]
    Tom
  • NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    Stuff a MOD in it[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]hahahahahahaha couldn't help my self had to type it hahahahahahahahahahaha[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    quote:Originally posted by Manyguns
    Tom

,,,,how do ya plug up an 'outhouse' ??????[:D][:D][;)]
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    There are Different standards out there...We get the Triple Rolls, that are really oversized, and drag/resist due to interference with the Standard Roll Hangars (ca 20 Years Old) installed in our house.

A single "TripleRoll" (In point of actual Fact, they are 2.5X the old Standard), lasts us Two (Wife and Myself) for around Four Days.

We are retired, and spend only a few Hours a week outside the Home - No Hope of using TP supplied by others. Ya gotta figure in that time to get a good useage Estimate.

My best guess is that Wonderful Wife uses about SIX Times the amount I do.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one could deduct the standard of living and the annual consumption of little smokies from a single entry on this thread....
  • ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Ive got 4 females in the house, it dont last long
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by legear
    Ive got 4 females in the house, it dont last long

I was gonna say;If my girlfriend is here,a roll lasts about a day,2 weeks with just me usin' it...l
  • JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A big pack could last me about 6 months. Since I got married.... about 2 weeks.
  • ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have 4 bathrooms in our house. In the bathroom I use, a roll lasts about a week. Since my daughter moved off to college a few months ago, we have yet to change out the roll in her bathroom. The utility room roll rarely gets used either as it is mainly just an overflow bathroom. And I have no idea how much my wife uses in her bathroom.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About a roll a day.
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DC51E109.jpgimg_152_241_1.jpg
    [;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    some people are at a real disadvantage, as they have crap comin' out both ends...
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay got me a 12 pack of Quilted Northern. Since it's just me I can't blame anyone else (unless I got Gremlins [:D]).
  • catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Down to the last roll? I would never stand for that sot of lack of preparedness in my house. I always have a strategic reserve on hand of at least four rolls tucked away somewhere. I buy toilet paper in the 16 pack, triple sized roll packages. TP is the last thing I'd ever want to run out of. On that note, with my GF and our other room mate, I'd say a roll lasts about a week upstairs and two to three weeks downstairs, I'm referring to bathroom locations here.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when I was single, a month.

When we got married, 2 weeks.

When we had the baby, 2 days.
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I bought a bunch of multi-paks about 4yrs ago ( I got a deal from work) just before moving into my current residence which amounted to 240 rolls, I have about 100 rolls left.

I R Single and don't have guests over.

I think I'm doing pretty good.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tom
    [:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    How do you store 240 rolls? In a spare bedroom [:D]? I know they don't go bad but damn that's a lot.

Say do you guys measure out sheets?
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    new PC rolls come in select-a-size to match the different a-holes you know...makes good xmas gifts
    edited November -1
    YoshMeister: Sheets are a standard 4.5X4.5 IIRC. And yes, I measure out Three for Normal situations of need. I used to use Ten at a whack, but then got conscious of use and made an attempt to find the least I could use. Three squares does the Job Most Of The Time.

Wife has Literally Bales of Tissue stored Upstairs - I think our Min/Max is 200/400 rolls, of the "Triple" Size. Roughly a Two-Year Reserve.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Wife has Literally Bales of Tissue stored Upstairs - I think our Min/Max is 200/400 rolls, of the "Triple" Size. Roughly a Two-Year Reserve.

Ain't you afraid critters will make a nest? Also how much cash is tied up on TP in that range?
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    My doctor praises the health of my GI tract. I go through a lot of TP.
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Ain't you afraid critters will make a nest? Also how much cash is tied up on TP in that range?

No Worries - we use the Bales to modify the Accoustics of the Great Room - we move the bales around on the Mezzanine to even out the Hot spots for Highs.

Critters? None Here AFAIK.

Cost? No worries, mate - they are consumables, and their (Absolute) cost is always going up. Besides, we will have a HOT Trade Item when the S Hits the Fan!!!
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOAH
    Stuff a MOD in it[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]hahahahahahaha couldn't help my self had to type it hahahahahahahahahahaha[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    Tom

,,,,how do ya plug up an 'outhouse' ??????[:D][:D][;)]

That is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:0]
  • sgm hagsgm hag Member Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still have a bunch of those tiny packets of b-wipe that came in C-rations accessory packs. They're about the size of a book match, until you break away the brown paper band, then it unrolls the size of a parachute!

Who the heck folds those things up that small?[:p]
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before I got married, it was like if I bought a big 36 pack I was thinking Hah!...lifetime supply. After I got married that might last a week...
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think we all agree on this subject.
    Textured paper is the best.
    Since we are all using too much toilet paper what is the best buy?
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't use toilet paper, I have me a bidet. Nothing finer than a warm jet of water to power wash the feces, along with the bacteria off your *
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by v35
    I think we all agree on this subject.
    Textured paper is the best.
    Since we are all using too much toilet paper what is the best buy?

Texture is nice but strength is where it's at.
  • UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In 1979 I had a Guy at my first real job (40 hours) that never bought Toilet paper. He was in his sixties and still lived on the family homestead that had no indoor plunbing. He came to work everyday an hour early to use the bathroom and shave, took a shower once a week in the locker room. He used public restroom on his days off if he could not hold it until coming to work. The city had stopped him from using the outhouse in the 1960's. He said the first he left the farm was for WWII. He refused to buy any paper produces like tissues, paper towels etc. Used hankies and rags and washed is clothes by hand. He alway had his company supplied work uniform on, I don't think he had any other clothes except his rust stain underwear from the well water! LOL
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find it hard to believe that there are this many replies to this thread[:0]
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    If its just me 3-4 weeks, with the wife about 5-7 days.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    I find it hard to believe that there are this many replies to this thread[:0]

There ain't that many replies. Lots of folks looking, though [:D].

quote:Originally posted by wittynbear
    If its just me 3-4 weeks, with the wife about 5-7 days.

How a roll lasts a man a month while only a week with a woman. So doing the math here two fellers a roll should last about two weeks. Now with two women roll a day? Or every other day?
  • frog21frog21 Member Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine last along time cause I take my crap at work. How else would I get paid for it ?[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by frog21
    Mine last along time cause I take my crap at work. How else would I get paid for it ?[:D]

So what do you do on your days off? Go to work to take a dump [:D]? Or take some paper home with you so you can do "home work"?
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Ahhh..lots to be said about 'texture and strength'.

I've been using Brawiny 'Pick-a-Size' paper towels for years. Think about it..

Rip off a piece. Place one end over your grommet. Walk your fingers like a tank-tread until you reach the other end of the sheet.

Much more mileage..much greater skid-mark. All is well!

Gotta love ingenuity!

And, multi-tasking! I buy one roll for both my grommet, and drying my hands! (Have I saved any money??)

Joe
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1