In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Here we go again

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Men openly carrying AR-15 rifles in Appleton spark gun debate

APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - Two men who openly carried assault-style rifles and handguns near a downtown Appleton farmers market have sparked a debate on Second Amendment rights.

Some gun rights advocates are angry that police held the two men at gunpoint and handcuffed them last weekend. Others are expressing frustration over what they say was a foolish and dangerous stunt.

Wisconsin Carry president Nik Clark says police acted outside of their legal authority when they pointed guns at the men and detained them. Appleton police say they got calls about the men from concerned citizens, briefly detained them and released them after determining they intended no harm and were in legal possession of the guns.

The Journal Sentinel says an officer questioning the men, ages 22 and 27, told them they were taking the Second Amendment a little too

Comments

• bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    My back is finally causing enough trouble for me to interfere with my duties. Going to sick call in the morning.
    edited November -1
    MOSCOW, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio man says he bulldozed his home after a bank began foreclosure proceedings and says he won't let the bank take his carpet business either.

Terry Hoskins of Moscow in southwest Ohio says he has struggled with the RiverHills Bank over his Clermont County home for years and had problems with the Internal Revenue Service. He says the IRS placed liens on his store and commercial property and the bank claimed his house as collateral.

Hoskins says after spending "tons of money" on attorneys he just had enough and two weeks ago bulldozed the home, 25 miles southeast of Cincinnati.

When asked if he would level the store, Hoskins said he would do "what it takes."

Messages were left for the bank and its attorney, and with the southern Ohio office of the IRS
    edited November -1
    My feeling is enforce the laws already on the books.

quote:Jared Padgett got the AR-15 style rifle, a handgun and ammunition used in this week's shooting from inside his father's Gresham home, police said.

"The weapons had been secured, but he defeated the security measures," Troutdale police Chief Scott Anderson said Wednesday.

There's a bottom line in this case for Oregon lawmaker Ginny Burdick.

"The gun owner failed to secure their guns properly," Burdick said.

DONATE: If you would like to donate to the Emilio Hoffman Memorial Fund, contact First Community Credit Union in Farview.

Burdick believes Jared's father Mike Padgett should face criminal charges for not making sure his teenage son couldn't get to those weapons and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

"To have those in your house," says Burdick, "entails a lot of responsibility for keeping them from falling into the wrong hands. And in that case, the guns ended up at school. And the gun owner, in my view, is ultimately accountable."

Burdick has repeatedly introduced gun control bills in Oregon legislature, including laws that would make gun owners criminally responsible if a minor gets access to a weapon.

Each of those efforts has failed.

But that's not the case nationwide.

Twenty-eight states now have what are called child firearm access prevention laws.

Oregon and Washington aren't among them.

"Enough is enough," Burdick said. "We have to do something. We can no longer say that gun violence has nothing to do with guns."
    edited November -1
    http://www.ketv.com/news/15111995/detail.html

OMAHA, Neb. -- Police on Tuesday formally charged a 19-year-old man who they believe fired a high-powered rifle at a drive-through restaurant customer from at least 100 yards away. Kyle Bormann, 19, was charged by Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine in the death of Brittany Williams, 21.

Williams, 21, was shot to death at about 8:40 p.m. Sunday as she sat at the Florence Kentucky Fried Chicken and Long John Silvers near 30th Street and Craig Avenue. Investigators said they believe Bormann used a high-powered rifle, and Williams was a random target.

Apparently he had some history of hunting -- lived in South Dakota. That's where he was from, and was a hunter," Kleine said.

Kleine said Bormann used something like a Winchester model 670a with a .243 cartridge. Considered a pure sportsman's rifle by some, it is a bolt-operated rifle that takes some time to reload.

Kleine said he will ask a judge on Wednesday to assign no bond for Bormann.

Police: Bormann Drove Through Crime Tape

Bormann quickly drew attention to himself after Sunday's shooting. While officers were conducting their crime scene investigation, a white 1996 Chrysler Sebring drove through the crime-scene tape, police said. Officers at the scene said they attempted to stop the Sebring, but the driver -- police said it was Bormann -- refused to stop.

The vehicle eventually did stop in the area of 29th and Bondesson streets, where Bormann exited the vehicle and fled on foot, police said. After a short foot chase, Bormann was apprehended, police said. Officers said they saw him throw down a high-powered rifle, police said.

Takes some time to reload?!!
    What the hell is that??!!
    edited November -1
    The Georgia NAACP[:o)] is calling on the state to issue an apology for its role in slavery. Why? There's not one person alive today who is responsible for slavery. If Georgia needs to apologize for slavery, then we need to call the British ambassador and demand an apology from his government for burning down the White House in the War of 1812. Ridiculous

LINK
    http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2007/03/07/0307naacp.html

What does Canadians have to do with slavery????
    NAACP...[National Association for the Advancement of Canadian People[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    The little guys' father is getting released in a few weeks.Rather than go through the rash of thefts of my property or worry about the boys getting snatched while outside playing, I am installing alarm systems and video cameras at home, the office and my shop.When he decides we owe him our stuff for refusing to forgive and forget his many transgressions, I will have it on tape. Then he can go back to his real home for a minimum 20-25 on the habitual felon program and I can get back to raising the boys. The kids don't want to go back to living in dope dens and hotel rooms or watch their parents beat and stab each other in a battle for the last hit of dope-du-jour. The boys prefer learning to plant and grow a garden and fish and sneak up on deer in the woods and fix cars bikes and mowers and say yes maam and excuse me ladies and pay attention in school and being a good guy is hard some times but you sleep a lot better and have nicer dreams than bad guys looking to get there the easy way. Those little guys are already better men than that sperm-donor who thinks that is enough to make him a father.
    edited November -1
    people asking personal questions. To save some of you some time,

How many times do you make love to your wife a week?
    Month?
    Year?

What is your IQ?

Do you wipe forward or backward?

How much money do you have?

How long is your stinger?

What size shoe do you wear?

Do you stain your shorts?

Which leg do you slide into your pants first?

Do you brush your teeth before or after you shower?

Have you ever been in jail?

Did you hate your momma? Daddy?

If you are a lady can you get both legs behind your head?[:p]

Are you ugly?

Do you use the computer on work time?

Are you telling the truth about the stinger?
    edited November -1
    Some idiot shot up a crowd of people in Philadelphia last night 7 people injured including 2 kids. They will roast us if this keeps up.
    edited November -1
    Headed for the IZOD center in NJ. The step son has an audition for The "VOICE" at 2:00 pm. Man this kid is talented hope he goes far. He starts college in soon University of the Arts in Philly almost all of his tuition is paid by scholarships and grants. [^]
    edited November -1
    EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo missing...
    edited November -1
    Waukesha, Wisconsin... Their biggest employer just moved out.
    Thanks in no small part to Jeff Immelt... who is NOW Obama's Head of Jobs Council.
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/ge-ceo-jeffrey-immelt-the-head-of-obamas-jobs-council-
    is-moving-jobs-and-economic-infrastructure-to-china-at-a-blistering-pace

General Electric is planning to move its 115-year-old X-ray division from Waukesha, Wis., to Beijing. In addition to moving the headquarters, the company will invest $2 billion in China and train more than 65 engineers and create six research centers.
    This is the same GE that made $5.1 billion in the United States last year, but paid no taxes, & the same GE that employs more people overseas than it does in the united States.
    So let me get this straight. President Obama appointed GE CEO Chairman Jeff Immelt to head his commission on job creation (job czar).
    Immelt is supposed to help create jobs. I guess the President forgot to tell him in which country he was supposed to be creating those jobs.
    IF THIS DOESN'T SHOW YOU THE TOTAL LACK OF LEADERSHIP OF THIS PRESIDENT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT DOES. SOON, YOU ALL WILL UNDERSTAND THAT OBAMA HAS AN AGENDA, THIS AGENDA IS TO REMOVE THE LAST SUPER POWER FROM THE WORLD. HE IS GETTING VERY CLOSE.
    Remember to Vote....
    edited November -1
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Grandpa for raising them the right way.
  • 7.62x39Lover7.62x39Lover Member Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll pray for you guys. Sounds like you've got some great grand kids.
  • rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    bigdaddyjunior-you're a good man

ron
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Good Man Right there[:D]
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    They're in our daily prayers, as are you. Right is right, and you're doing right by God and those boys. God bless you and them.
    edited November -1
    in_my_shoes.jpg
    Little guys showing they can fill my shoes..with a little team work.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're a good man, God bless ya.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No tattoos on them yet? Don
  • Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    Along with all those cameras get a good stout ball bat!
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are just the cutest little guys!!! I think you are WONDERFUL Bigdaddyjunior. It just amazes me that you are able to jump in and be SUCH a good daddy without a minute of complaining. Not once have you said anything about those boys being a pain.....nobody deserves them more than you. I am sure they will come up and be FINE grown young men and you will be SO proud of them.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    They are just the cutest little guys!!! I think you are WONDERFUL Bigdaddyjunior. It just amazes me that you are able to jump in and be SUCH a good daddy without a minute of complaining. Not once have you said anything about those boys being a pain.....nobody deserves them more than you. I am sure they will come up and be FINE grown young men and you will be SO proud of them.

Just like there are a few women in the world who can take any child and be a mother to them, there are a few men too. God put them here for the kids who need them, and BDJ happens to be one of them.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    No tattoos on them yet? Don

They are constantly drawing on themselves and showing me their 'tats'. They also stick out their bellies and walk with a two legged limp.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    you're a good man.
    do you have custody of the boys?
    does he have any visitation rights?
    get a restraining order if possible. (it actually means squat, but it looks better for you when you shoot him).
    don't forget to get a wireless motion detector for the driveway entrance. less than 100 bucks and well worth it.
    good luck.

tom
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    just shoot him. quietly.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best of everything to you BDJ; I pray it all goes well for you and your family!!!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    in_my_shoes.jpg

(LIKE)
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are a good man. I hope that guy decides the best thing for him to do is stay away.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roswellnative
    in_my_shoes.jpg

(LIKE)
    Cute little boogers... [:D]

Great job there BDJ... [;)]
    Stay at it.
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing I can say will equal all the above posts, keep the faith and a sense of humor. Those are two fine young men, best of luck with their dead beat dad.
  • john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    YES always cover you * ETS!.
  • cnsaycnsay Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your doing the right thing. I know how hard it is, I have three in my house that their parents either walked out on or got thrown in prison and left. I still have a little over a year before the father of the littlest one get out of prison, that one could be a fight, other parents don't want their kids back, at least not right now.
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cute kiddos! Keep'em safe!
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The little guys' father is getting released in a few weeks.Rather than go through the rash of thefts of my property or worry about the boys getting snatched while outside playing, I am installing alarm systems and video cameras at home, the office and my shop.When he decides we owe him our stuff for refusing to forgive and forget his many transgressions, I will have it on tape. Then he can go back to his real home for a minimum 20-25 on the habitual felon program and I can get back to raising the boys. The kids don't want to go back to living in dope dens and hotel rooms or watch their parents beat and stab each other in a battle for the last hit of dope-du-jour. The boys prefer learning to plant and grow a garden and fish and sneak up on deer in the woods and fix cars bikes and mowers and say yes maam and excuse me ladies and pay attention in school and being a good guy is hard some times but you sleep a lot better and have nicer dreams than bad guys looking to get there the easy way. Those little guys are already better men than that sperm-donor who thinks that is enough to make him a father.

Will you teach them Punctuation also.[:D]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxmike_2
    just shoot him. quietly.
    Yep, didn't see nuthin', don't know nuthin'.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SWAT 50

I've decided that the use of rambling run-on phrases is my writing style like ee cummings lack of capitalization or Hemingways mind numbingly boring descriptions of a flat sea.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I've decided that the use of rambling run-on phrases is my writing style like ee cummings lack of capitalization or Hemingways mind numbingly boring descriptions of a flat sea.

There are times in a person life that he realizes that little things are nothing more than a minor annoyance and that more important things will pop up to take over a otherwise useless and nonchalant life that if allowed to exist will only further the notion that at times abortion is a pliable option but other times I feel that it is best to just ignore the annoyance and get back to the theme and just say that you have done a good job and I am glad to call you a friend. Don
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I see YOU put yourself in pretty good company, Or is it that you drag them down to your level?

Either Way, I am sure the kids will turn out OK.[:D]
  • bigboy12bigboy12 Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for looking after and teaching the ones who will someday lead and defend us in our old age! Hopefully things will work out for you and your boys.