In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what IS it about water lilies???

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
some of you might remember my post on the dog eating the mrs new pond plant:
http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=375596&SearchTerms=would

today, i watched the barn cat, cleopatra (yeah, there's a story to the name) jump over the little white fence and hunker doen, in attack mode, at the edge of the little pond.
I thought it was just getting a drink.
next thig you know, the water is churning and out pops the cat with the damn plant in its mouth!!
I couldn't decide whether to shoot the cat (and save the plant) or just laugh my * off!!
I chose the latter and luckily cleo just dropped the plant and ran away!
what the hell is with these plants that attract animals?
I'm waiting to see what tries to get it next![:D]
OH, btw, while the dog is afraid of water, the cat isn't! cleo has been know to jump in the pool with the neighbor kids.
back in the day, i uswed to blame any odd occurances (global warming, drought in ethiopia....) on the russians. who can i blame now?
tom

Comments

• 1fisher1fisher Member Posts: 1,012 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My parents have a house in the mountains in Montana with a small pond below the house. A few years ago, they bought some plastic water lillies that floated so Dad tied on strings with rocks for anchors.
    One day my Mom watched as a cow moose walked into the pond and grabbed one of the plastec lillies. She said that moose chewed on the plastic for a couple of minutes (with a string tied to a rock hanging out of its mouth). It finally spit it out, tried another one for a while, and then gave up and left. she thought it looked very confused.
    Too bad she didn't think to grab a camera and get a picture!
  • pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gave up trying to keep them in our pond, my snapping turtles
    love them. Not that snapping turtles really care what their eating.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    LOL!
    at least it's not just me having problems with them![:D]
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dunno...

But Claude Monet made a career out of them.

standard.jpg
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:But Claude Monet made a career out of them

well, they DO look tasty when monet paints 'em![:D]