In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

sear block delete???

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
so, i bought this colt AR advertised as "pre-ban" with "factory sear block delete".
question:
back in the day, when you could buy drop in auto sears from the classifieds in Shotgun Times,
was this gun an easy conversion?
the gun is LNIB with all the accessories still factory packed.
could those drop in auto sears be used in ANY AR?
just curious....never heard of a "factory" sear block delete before.

thanks

tom

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, never heard of a "factory sear block delete". But, since LE & military rifles are built by Colt Defense, not Colt Manufacturing Co which builds commercial rifles, I guess it is possible.

"Colt AR" tells us nothing about what you bought; what you bought will have the name stamped on the upper receiver near the serial number.

A lot of us shooters assumed that the DIAS ads in SGN were being posted by the fellas with the bulges in the cheap suits; no one ever found out for sure & told us. A DIAS just drops in, but you need several M16 parts installed for it to work.

Neal
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    No, never heard of a "factory sear block delete". But, since LE & military rifles are built by Colt Defense, not Colt Manufacturing Co which builds commercial rifles, I guess it is possible.

"Colt AR" tells us nothing about what you bought; what you bought will have the name stamped on the upper receiver near the serial number.

A lot of us shooters assumed that the DIAS ads in SGN were being posted by the fellas with the bulges in the cheap suits; no one ever found out for sure & told us. A DIAS just drops in, but you need several M16 parts installed for it to work.

Neal

thanks neal.
    the gun is a 9mm sporter lightweight with ser # 0008XX.
    it has a 2 position rear stock and overall length with stock collapsed is 31 1/4".
    the box is appropriate and has a blue label.
    came with a 32 round stick mag, sling (still in plastic) and manual,warranty card etc.
    honestly, i bought just because it's a colt 9mm, which i didnt own yet.
    but now i'm curious about what i have.
    thanks!
    tom