In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

uh oh caught in the act

codemancodeman Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
We recently changed over to AT&T phone service and each got a new cell phone. My wife was looking over my phone and checking my messages when she suddenly went bonkers. WHO IS THE PERSON LEAVING YOU THESE MESSAGES?! What messages might that be? asked I, in my naturally innocent tone. These messages right here! Call me! I love you! When can we meet? I`m in a meeting! I got no idea where that came from says I. Wife could not understand why I was laughing so hysterically. So I was in the doghouse for some time. I called her brother, and told him how much trouble I was in, laughing all the time. He called back in a few minutes and told me that he has those on his phone as well. They are called templates and they help you compose messages! I said hey Jewel your brother wants to speak to you.

Comments

• Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's good! So did the brother help pull you out of the dog house then? [:)] [;)] [8D]
  • Options
    MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    I guess it pays sometimes to read the manual!

A while back I was getting texts on my personal phone which at first I thought was spam, since nobody texts me on that phone cuz they know I hate texts (old fart syndrome).

Came to realize it was some girl who thought she was sending texts to her boyfriend. Then I thought, ok, one wrong reply and I'm going to jail for, er, something unsavory, so I never replied.

Then she sends a photo! To open or not... even if she sent it to me, if it's risque and she's underaged, that's statutory child * or something. Finally did open it, thinking if it was bad then I'd have to tell her to knock it off or put her mom on the phone. Thank God it was totally innocent, and she finally stopped sending messages.

So, your wife's name is Jewel? Couldn't help but think of Jewel Staite the actress.

81345990.jpg
  • Options
    swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrOrange
    I guess it pays sometimes to read the manual!

A while back I was getting texts on my personal phone which at first I thought was spam, since nobody texts me on that phone cuz they know I hate texts (old fart syndrome).

Came to realize it was some girl who thought she was sending texts to her boyfriend. Then I thought, ok, one wrong reply and I'm going to jail for, er, something unsavory, so I never replied.

Then she sends a photo! To open or not... even if she sent it to me, if it's risque and she's underaged, that's statutory child * or something. Finally did open it, thinking if it was bad then I'd have to tell her to knock it off or put her mom on the phone. Thank God it was totally innocent, and she finally stopped sending messages.

So, your wife's name is Jewel? Couldn't help but think of Jewel Staite the actress.

81345990.jpg

it is legal to text "i think you have the wrong number" to a minor, you know. i bet she and her boyfriend had a very strained relationship for a while. [:D]
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    Had a gal in Pa. start sending messages to my cell phone recently, Sent one back saying "uuuuh I think you've got a wrong number", she go's bananas on me! 15-20 messages cursing, threatening, swearing I've stolen her brothers phone number, and she's calling the police, and so on! Real potty mouth on her. The prepaid plan I use charges extra for text minutes, and I dont text, so I shut that option off. Her mother calls on the hard wired phone, and starts giving my wife the same stuff! She blocked that # through Bell South.
    I guess all three of them are still trying to communicate with each other up there in Reading... and dialing a FL area code. [:D]

Allen
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry you bought a ATT phone.

I'm very disappointed with them and their Android phones right now.
  • Options
    GotteskriegerGotteskrieger Member Posts: 3,170 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have packed my bags and left.
  • Options
    PanzerSlayer2PanzerSlayer2 Member Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lol I thought you were going to say those were her own texts to you!,
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid

I have the Atrix and love it.
  • Options
    coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid

I have the Atrix and love it.

I have the iPhone 3GS and love it.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    I get random messages all the time. I just don't respond to them.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one time our office had same phone numbers, different area code by 1 digit, as a Naval base in another state. Call one day, said hello, young lady quickly said she was on the the base, enroute to the BOQ to pick me up- and what she planned to do with me-in graphic terms. Said "Ma'am, first you have the wrong number- second, you have a lucky boyfriend." GASP! CLICK! [:I]
  • Options
    coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    Btw, if I ever have a GF/wife who feels the need to look through my messages, she may as well kiss my rear goodbye.