In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

YES! [[fist pump]]

coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Business is picking back up. And my boss told me (I don't know if it's true, we'll see) that if I stay at the shop, he'll make sure to give me enough hours to where I won't have to find another job. Fine by me. He told me at the minimum, he was going to work me 10 hours a week (which is all i really have to have). That's $70, enough to cover my gas, tithe, and put a little up for emergencies (and ammo). Now, we'll see if he sticks to his word. Well, might not be a new job like I was praying for, but it is good enough (if the boss don't back out of it).

Comments

• Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Wish I could get by on 10 hr/wk. Congrats!!!
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Imagine if he gave U 20 hrs. you would have enough for a BARRETT when U turn 21!! (not that U have to be 21 to buy long guns,just sayin)[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Imagine if he gave U 20 hrs. you would have enough for a BARRETT when U turn 21!! (not that U have to be 21 to buy long guns,just sayin)[:D]

I'm gonna do some math, but if I could save $70 a week till I turn 21, I could buy a lot of pistols after splitting the savings in half. I'll have a number in a bit lol
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I made $1.65 per hour at my first job.

When I went out on my own I was making $5 an hour and felt rich.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    IF I saved $70 a week, till I was 21, and then split the total in half so that some remained in savings, I could buy $4550 worth of pistols. That would be something, the guys at the gun store would flip.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    I made $1.65 per hour at my first job.

When I went out on my own I was making $5 an hour and felt rich.

I'm getting $7 an hour. Cash. I don't make enough in a year to have to report it on taxes. I'm a mechanic, if it shows how to do it on alldata, or I know how to do it, I can and will do it. Usually I do brake jobs and oil changes, clean the shop, all that stuff. I added it up on day, my boss makes about $70 per brake job I do, after paying me.[:(]
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by coltpax
    IF I saved $70 a week, till I was 21, and then split the total in half so that some remained in savings, I could buy $4550 worth of pistols. That would be something, the guys at the gun store would flip.

Divide that by 2 you need ammo,, divide by 3 if you chose a pricey ammo gun..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mossbergboogie
    quote:Originally posted by coltpax

Divide that by 2 you need ammo,, divide by 3 if you chose a pricey ammo gun..

I think I will stay away from the pricier ammo. Ammo is something that is always in my head when choosing a gun, and it can be a deal breaker or a deal maker for me.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good man that you are tithing. That is the soundest of investments. [^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sav99
    Good man that you are tithing. That is the soundest of investments. [^]

It pays off. I know that when all worldly riches are gone, that is one investment I cannot lose.