In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Paul Harvey DEAD

2»

Comments

• IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grew up listening to the man and still to this day like listening to him. I will miss him! God bless his family.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Col Plink, I did radio, did party DJ and have done quite a few voiceovers, both character and straight narration. Can still do a couple dozen voices. Fun stuff. I take it you are familiar with the field?
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    Col Plink, I did radio, did party DJ and have done quite a few voiceovers, both character and straight narration. Can still do a couple dozen voices. Fun stuff. I take it you are familiar with the field?

Yup.
    Check your email.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Mr. Harvey was doing his own damn show as recently as last week. His son, indeed, stands in now and then, as do others who have worked with him for a number of years. But the ORIGINAL VOICE was heard until just days ago--the wit, the cadence still fresh. He will be missed--and never replaced. A man of faith and great love for his late wife, and of late, his late country. He's dancing now that Lynne and he are reunited.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    Mr. Harvey was doing his own damn show as recently as last week. His son, indeed, stands in now and then, as do others who have worked with him for a number of years. But the ORIGINAL VOICE was heard until just days ago--the wit, the cadence still fresh. He will be missed--and never replaced. A man of faith and great love for his late wife, and of late, his late country. He's dancing now that Lynne and he are reunited.

Elegance in your words. My how you have changed. Don
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl

Elegance in your words. My how you have changed. Don

Why, thank you, Sir. Sometimes, with time comes wisdom. Sometimes, unfortunately not. But I'll accept that compliment from you, one of the last of the good guys and humorous, too. All the best...
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,003 ******
    edited November -1
    I will miss Mr. Harvey. I always admired the fact that he only advertised for products that he used and liked.
  • redhead71redhead71 Member Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paul Harvey writings should be required reading for all college students.RIP
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad news indeed.

Used to spend my lunch breaks listening to his broadcast for decades. My father got me hooked on listening to him.

RIP.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Well, damn.

Ain't that a shame?
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being from the east coast I'd never heard of Paul Harvey until I went to SIU in 1978. Saw him on TV doing a commentary and the first thought going through my (at the time) pretty liberal mind was "Jesus - what a nut!". But looking back I suppose it was the start of my drift from liberal youngster to an older conservative.

So far as the guns go, I suppose it's possible for someone who hunts for sport, as they get older, to decide they just don't want to do it anymore. I don't know if that translates to them believing others shouldn't do it, or that hunting for food or owning a gun for self defense or sport is wrong. Hopefully not in his case.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grew up listening to his news and comment as well as the rest of the story. Even had a book of his "rest of the story stories."
    Gonna miss his voice.
  • 2ndamendright2ndamendright Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I traveled a lot as a child, being in an Air Force family, and later after I enlisted. One thing that was always the same was I could always count on hearring Paul Harvey at some point durring the trip. With all the Ipods and other MP3 players out there, the appretiation for people like him is simply lost. My next trip home to INdiana will not be the same. RIP Paul, enjoy being with your Angel.
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was taught how to drive listning to him. I always liked him after that. Here is a question for those that didnt like him. Is there anybody that everyone likes every thing about. I dought it. Think about it.