In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

nemesisenforcer

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Anyone heard from our beloved forum member nemesisenforcer lately?

Miss his posts.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sir, you have no email address listed here, and I have no contact info for you ... if you'd email me I can reply to you ... thanks. [;)]

I believe you had mentioned having vigin brass for your .223 rifle.

However, do you also use odds and ends .223 brass?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the brass it arrived today. Thanks again David
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How is the mother and your new born son doing???? Hope all is well. I know when my son was born, that was the best day in my life. Please post some pictures for us. Good luck and god bless your family.Oak
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Email me, please.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A friend was just asking.... wanted to know if you were going to burn the duster?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Send an email sometime.

I'm wondering if you might be on the Western Slope

MBK
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have mail.

Lance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=383984```

Heres the reponse from your letter that I sent to Orrin Hatch

quote:Thank you for your letter regarding the nominsation of judge sonia sotmayor to the supreme court. The confirmation processhas just begun and I have not made a final decision about whether to support her nomination. I would nonetheless like to share my basic approach to making this decisision and some observations about the nominee.

the constitution gives the power to appiont judges to the president, not the senate. the senate's role in checking the president's appointment power requires us to determine wherther a nominee such as js is qualified. those qualifications include her experience an character but also her judicial philosophy, tha is , understanding of a judge's power and role in our system of goverment.

j s has extensive experience as a prosecutor and judgr. the more important question, however,is the kind of judge she is to day and the kind of justice she wouldbe on the supreme court. I believe judges have a limited role of interpreting and applying the law to decide casaes. They may not, however, make or change the law they apply. making law must be left to the people and their elected representatives.

Pres. Obama and judge s have each made statements suggesting an expansive view of judicial power. the pres. has for example, talked about judges deciding cases based on their personal veiws or empathy. While human beings should have empathy, however, judges must be imartial. js has given speeches and written articales which also suggest a broad, rather than a modest view of judicial power. I intend to explore her views about this cruccial issure in order to assess whether she is qualified to sit on the supreme court. This will require examining her hundreds of written opinions, as well as giving her an opportunity directly to answer questions and address relvevant issues in a hearing. the process must be fair and thorough.

The fact that i voted for j s appointment to the U.S. cort of appeals in '98 dosen not obligate me to support her appointment to the SC. her current nomination must be assessed based on her current record, including her record from 11 years on the appeals court. To quote V.P. Biden" There is a fundamental distinction between what is required of and should be soughtof a circuit court judge and a district court judge and a supreme court judge"

I am encoraged that utahns are concerned with the judicial selection process and i will keep your views in mind as it proceeds.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hows the baby?