In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Disturbing Deer Video

mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    test track the place I use to work owned had a deer jump off a overpass on to a car doing testing went thru the window and totaled the car roof was caved in also . driver was OK lucky .
    I have hit 4 DRT and a couple run aways over the years nofun and have stopped or swerved ( not recommended for armature drivers [:D][:D]) countless times

My wife (had a brain fart one night ) she stopped one night on the way home from work about 20 years ago right in the middle of a pack of deer all standing in the road , they had her car surrounded did not scatter . she rolled down her window and said well hello there ( WTH were you thinking is what I ask later ) they all bolted into the field , I told her they get scared she was lucky they did not come into the car with her or tear up the car getting over it . she loves animals way too much , she realized her how lucky she was
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not sure deer are aware that people drive vehicles. They don't seem to have as much fear of vehicles as they do people on foot. They have always ran from me when I have encountered them I the wild, yet the run across roads right in front of vehs they must have known were coming due to the noise. I almost literally tripped over a bedded down mule deer in Arizona, yet it jumped up and ran.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have found that noise will often snap them out of foolishness, so I honk at critters that run out in front of me. Works on squirrels as well...
  • Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Out here they have become quite wary of ATV's but will still let you get pretty close to them with a car or truck. I had a doe and fawn
    bed down about 30 ft from me when cleaning a pond with my skidsteer.
    A nice 4pt buck walked within about twenty feet of me as well.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ride the motorcycle quite a bit, not a lot of deer in my area, but animals in the road is still pretty common.

In Australia, the roos are a big problem for motorcycles.

The moose that got hit was insane, and the one racer launched the deer 30 feet straight up. All in a split second.