In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Arizona Sheriff shot by ilegal alien

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
(Sheriff or Deputy) with an AK-47, as reported by Sean Hannity. Here's more on the story.

Pinal County Sheriff's deputy shot after traffic stop

A Pinal County Sheriff's deputy was shot in the stomach Friday after a traffic stop on Interstate 8, according sheriff's officials.

Authorities said the deputy was shot by a suspected undocumented immigrant and at least two suspects were being sought.

The deputy apparently pulled over a vehicle on Interstate 8 near Arizona 84 at about 4:30 p.m. Friday.

When the deputy approached the vehicle, he was shot in the stomach, said Lt. Tamatha Villar, spokesperson for the Pinal County Sheriff's Office. He radioed dispatch to say he had been shot but could not be found when authorities arrived at the scene.

The deputy was located more than an hour later and taken to the Casa Grande Medical Center for treatment. His condition was not available.

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office dispatched a helicopter and members of its SWAT team to Pinal County to assist in the case, said MCSO Lt. Brian Lee. Lee said at 5:45 p.m. there were reports over the police scanner that suspects were shooting at a police helicopter. Lee did not know which agency was operating the helicopter.

The Border Patrol has sent agents to assist the Pinal County Sheriff's Office with the investigation, said Mario Escalante, a Border Patrol spokesman assigned to the Tucson sector.

"We are headed out to assist," he said.

Escalante said he had no further details about the shooting.

The nearest Border Patrol station in the area is located in Casa Grande.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/pinal/articles/2010/04/30/20100430pinal-county-deputy-shot-immigrant30-ON.html
What's next?

Comments

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    With any luck, maybe its the sheriff that refused to enforce their new law.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    With any luck, maybe its the sheriff that refused to enforce their new law.

[:D]
    What's next?
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, different county. [V]
  • jesnlsnjesnlsn Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    matwor, the deputy shot was from pinal county.

the sheriff who says he won't enforce is from PIma county, (next county south)

probably because over 50% of his votes in Pima county are hispanic. althought most hispanics I know that are legal are all for this new law. puzzling, it only is a bother to those who are ILLEGAL.

so why all the fuss, even if an officer were to discriminate against you, it immediately stops when you show him a license and say, I"m a CITIZEN.
  • DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maricopa Co. Sheriff Joe.

Pinal Co. (east and south of Maricopa) Sheriff Paul Babeau (awesome guy)

Pima Co. (Libtard bastion of Tucson and surrounding) Dooshnik.
  • djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this is all Ronald Reagans' fault.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by djh860
    I think this is all Ronald Reagans' fault.

His too.
    What's next?
  • ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    Just saw this on the CNN. There will probably be protests on the verge of riots this weekend in the AZ border towns..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zebra
    Just saw this on the CNN. There will probably be protests on the verge of riots this weekend in the AZ border towns..

All while the liberal ^*&()&^% are calling for a boycott of Arizona and acting like the anti-American **&(*& they are, while the citizens are being killed and maimed.
    What's next?
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Fox News just reported the wounds are superficial, thank God.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    That is great to hear.

Doug
    edited November -1
    Alright, that is good news!
    What's next?
  • arraflipperarraflipper Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now would be nice to hear one more update the guys that shot him are on the way to the morgue.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope the liberals get their heads out of there butts and support the new law, I do and I have let them know that.
  • COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just another one of several reasons to make this change widespread. Let's enforce the laws we have and fire Congress. Time to get representatives who will actually represent the PEOPLE instead of a small group.

COB
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    Now come on guys, the libs will tell you that these people do not commit crimes at a higher rate than americans (even though the completely ignore the fact that if they were not allowed here, none of their crimes would occur). DOn't hate [}:)]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is where LT496 works if I am not mistaken.
    Pinal County.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    Fox News just reported the wounds are superficial, thank God.

That can't be true. I hear all the time that all AK-47's are machine guns that will fire as long as you keep pulling the trigger, and are universally fatal to anyone nearby.
    Here is documented evidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2ucmARq-k

Sarcasm off-glad to hear the Deputy will be OK.
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zebra
    Bring in the national guard and set up machine guns when they start to riot mow them down. Problem solved.
  • 8000fthi8000fthi Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Louie Puroll the deputy that got shot was a friend of mine. I do not have any sympathy for the pieces of crap that come across our borders illegally, and less for their sympathizers. I hunt in these areas that the illegals come across and just hope one would threaten me, he would be coyote dinner. We have one stupid sheriff in pima co.Dupnick is his name. He is a Mexican sympathizer and is done after this term. Let other states boycott us, if we get rid of all the freeloading Mexicans we will do fine financially.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The deputy is fine.

Can't go into details for obvious reasons.

Investigation continues.

El-tee is plum wore out tonight after many, many hours on this one.

Thanks for the good thoughts and concerns.
  • COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 8000fthi
    Louie Puroll the deputy that got shot was a friend of mine. I do not have any sympathy for the pieces of crap that come across our borders illegally, and less for their sympathizers. I hunt in these areas that the illegals come across and just hope one would threaten me, he would be coyote dinner. We have one stupid sheriff in pima co.Dupnick is his name. He is a Mexican sympathizer and is done after this term. Let other states boycott us, if we get rid of all the freeloading Mexicans we will do fine financially.

My best to your deputy friend and thanks to you for the update.
    Many are thinking of him.

COB
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    The deputy is fine.

Investigation continues.

''

A big thank you, to you and your buds on this, LT.
    What's next?
  • GashaulerGashauler Member Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    The deputy is fine.

Investigation continues.

''

A big thank you, to you and your buds on this, LT.

+1
  • 8000fthi8000fthi Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sure glad he is ok.I have known him more than 10 years and he has save many illegal border crossers from dying in the desert, only to be shot by a piece of crap. That is why we need tougher immigration enforcement, not Fed laws that do nothing. Just my rant.