In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    That is sweet, i like the case coloring on the trigger. Is that factory, or has it been worked?
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    That is sweet, i like the case coloring on the trigger. Is that factory, or has it been worked?
    dont know enough about them, but it is a sweet little pistol. Thinking really hard about hitting the buy it now lol
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    dont know enough about them, but it is a sweet little pistol. Thinking really hard about hitting the buy it now lol

Hey man, box looks to be in good shape, if u got the coin burnin a hole, jump on it!!![;)]
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice little Pre Model 18 and the 2 line (non Bangor Punta) box looks correct for it. It is a 1957 gun.

I still have the Model 18 that I bought in 1967 and it is a sweet little gun.

Added: The $950 BIN looks a little high to me!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    Nice little Pre Model 18 and the 2 line (non Bangor Punta) box looks correct for it. It is a 1957 gun.

I still have the Model 18 that I bought in 1967 and it is a sweet little gun.
    worth the money colt?
    edited November -1
    sheesh, 800 and reserve not met. I think I will have to hit the bin price to get it [xx(]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget the $55 in shipping plus FFL. [B)]
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts

I still have the Model 18 that I bought in 1967 and it is a sweet little gun.worth the money colt?I'm not a S&W expert, or even close, but $950 seems a little high to me. I wish there were better in focus close ups of the gun. This gun was near the end of Pre Model 18 production as later on in 1957 they started stamping them with a Model 18 designation.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Don't forget the $55 in shipping plus FFL. [B)]
    yeah shipping is high, but my ffl does not charge me for transfers. I just am a bit enamored by the condition and 4" tube. Might be high now, but in 20 ears I bet it will be worth a ton lol, well, if we are not brady'd
    edited November -1
    I went 850 on it, and hit the reserve. that is my ceiling though so if it doesnt pull it, I am cool with that. Thanks for the help guys
    edited November -1
    I think I'll go $855 on it. [:D]
    edited November -1
    I think I'll go $855 on it. [:D]
    as you wish my friend, it is a beautiful pistol, or at least looks to be
    edited November -1
    Yes it is sweeet but it's not on my want list so it's all yours. i'm just f'n with ya.

Next for me are
    1911 45acp
    M1 garand/carbine
    30-06 bolt action
    But not necessarily in that order.
    edited November -1
    Yes it is sweeet but it's not on my want list so it's all yours. i'm just f'n with ya.

Next for me are
    1911 45acp
    M1 garand/carbine
    30-06 bolt action

you see those short versions of the garand that guy is offering? I was tempted on that too [:D]
    edited November -1

Next for me are
    1911 45acp
    M1 garand/carbine
    30-06 bolt action

you see those short versions of the garand that guy is offering? I was tempted on that too [:D]

No I didn't. Sounds like a tanker. I'll check it out. I just bought some ammo on the auction side. I'll be back.
    edited November -1

Next for me are
    1911 45acp
    M1 garand/carbine
    30-06 bolt action

No I didn't. Sounds like a tanker. I'll check it out. I just bought some ammo on the auction side. I'll be back.
    nope it is smaller than the tanker. I will see if I can find the link
    edited November -1
    Here it is. It is called a "mini g" pretty cool imho.
    http://shuffsparkerizing.com/Conversion_Tanker_Sniper.php
    MGflash2.bmp
    minigactionweb-500x334.jpg
    edited November -1
    LOL love that flash!! [:p] Some just have too much time on their hands but ya gotta love creativity!!

That's pretty cool. [:)]
    edited November -1
    LOL love that flash!! [:p] Some just have too much time on their hands but ya gotta love creativity!!

That's pretty cool. [:)]
    .308 from a 16' barrel will do it every time [:D]
    edited November -1
    That's why I love my russian M44s. Great muzzle flash also!! [:p]

I could never cut one of my M1s down like that though.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to watch things like the tankers and mini g they are cut down full size guns and some aren't done all that well.

I still don't know what I think of the Smith. He has in focus...close up pics of everything but the frame. It is so shiney and I can't get a good look at the finish to tell if it has been re-blued. I would send him an e-mail asking if it has been refinished and if you can send it back if you believe it has when you get it. Those little faint lines on the barrel could be from the preparing steps before it was refinished....but it could just be something in how the pics turned out. If it wasn't re-done that is a really nice gun. MAKE HIM GIVE YOU THE PATCH....for that much money he should. (especially if he is going to put it in the pics)
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Thank you,Kasey.

Thank you, thank you !!

Doug
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All S&W revolvers used to have case hardened hammers and triggers (even the nickel guns). When new the 1950s guns were spectacular. Look at the hammer on this 1955 Terrier.

standard.jpg

That Combat Masterpiece was made in 1957, BTW. That's the year the model numbers were assigned and began to appear so this is one of the last "pre-models" made. A little pricey in my opinion but if you want it, it's only money.